f

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Y O U N G H O L L Y W O O D | Release Review

Another store which had a release while I was away was Young Hollywood! This was somewhat of a surprise to me as we quite recently had another YH release too, but nevermind, the more new clothes the better^ The homepage advert is bright and bold and definitely catches your eye - you can't ignore it! And alike last years release at this time, it's based on the Teen Choice Awards.
Highlights It is a pretty small release, with quite select pieces from the event chosen, and overall I think they made some good choices - I had a quick look at the celebrity looks and it could have been a lot worse for us! At the same time the collection could have been bigger! There's not so much a theme with the pieces, but I do see popular trends emanating from the release - I quite like it =)
Accessories Just a small number of accessories but that can be expected for the collection size. There are two paired of paired shoes, the Silk Blood Orange Heels and the Velvet Criss Cross Heels which have been done on a similar design but are a pretty decent offering of heels. I like both pairs, they seem easy to style and the colours are pretty wearable too^ There is one bag, the Black And Pearl Handbag which looks very classy and I love the box hand-held design of it, it looks pretty great! Lastly there is the Enamel Flower Belt which was super popular and I'm sad I missed out on! It looks great for summer stylings and I can easily see it slung around the hips in many different styled looks. Overall pretty decent accessories - maybe missing a pair of earrings or a necklace however^
Clothing With the clothing there are 5 looks and everything is either a one-piece or a co-ord set, this doesn't bother me at all, I like this for a small collection like this. First the co-ords - there are two of them, the Blood Orange Feather Skirt and Criss Cross Blood Orange Top, a cute pairing, but not something with huge versatility, then the Sequin Pajama Shirt and Pants, which are much more appealing with more neutral colours and much more versatility, plus the sequins aren't hugely obvious so I don't think they'd be an issue in stylings at all. I think the second set is much easier to pair separately than the first and I'm excited to work with the Pants^ And then there are 3 one-pieces, a jumpsuit, the Structural One Shoulder Jumpsuit which is in a pretty white colour and is a beautifully designed piece with great shapes and fit on the doll and cut-out sections along with creative style, it's definitely pretty! And then two dresses, the baroque styled Velvet Embroidered Mini Dress which is a little oversized in the body shape and has cutout panels on the side between the two segments of the dress. I like the design and the colours used, but it's not really a hugely flattering piece, not on my doll anyway, and there's still quite a few pieces of it left, so it's not been as popular as other items. And lastly my favourite piece, the High Slit Buttoned Dress in a bright yellow tone with a very casual style, there's a high slit on the leg, cutout sections (a trend in this store^), cute buttons, and an overall loose fit about the body. I really really like this piece, I'm super excited for it, and can't wait to wear it - but I wish we had longer left of summer as it's a perfect summer piece!
Prices This release ranges from 30 to 135SD's but actually the pieces really were ranged across that whole price bracket so hopefully you found something at a price which worked for you! None of the items were limited to SS or Royalty only, so that's a good point too.
Styled Outfits I just bought 2 pieces from the store and from my first experiences styling them, I'm very pleased with them! First the Sequin Pajama Pants, which have a range of stripe colours and therefore give plenty of options for styling, I found a lot of deep red pieces that looked awesome, but settled on this navy set, love pairing this jacket (again) and this time with a velvet cardi, the gaps in the front are a sweet style addition, and I really like these two items with the trousers. Stuck minimal with some pointed heels, they work out well and fit the look nicely. And then the High Slit Buttoned Dress which I love and I'm so glad it looks good on my doll! I stayed simple and didn't add too much to this one, but these flat sandals were ones I knew I wanted to wear with the dress immediately, and they introduced the use of black and gold in the other pieces. I just love this styling, it's perfect for summer and it just enthuses me about this dress =)
Features Alike Marc Jacobs, as I was late to the party I just have a couple of features for you, although still awesome! Firstly here is keshaa wearing the YH Black And Pearl Handbag in a cool casual styling. The accessories fit together perfectly in this look, the belt and boots are great for this bag! It's great to see smart pieces like these working well in dressed down looks, the jeans stand out well and attract attention to the bag and I think they were a good choice to tie the relaxed sweater with the accessory pieces =)

And secondly a brighter look from Marta-43 going with a neon base for the YH Sequin Pajama Shirt - it works out! I love that the neon draws out the yellow tones in the shirt, I like this combination and I'm glad someone used it^ The white skirt and shoes are good additions, they are stylish but don't pull attention from the colourful pairing where focus is intended to be. Also loving the belt-bag, the red is on point, and I do think it works out with the outfit =D

1 comment: