f

Monday 14 August 2017

S T R I P E D P O P L I N W R A P P E D D R E S S

Today another Styled Outfit post this time featuring the Striped Poplin Wrapped Dress from The Jet Set store in the Plaza! This style of dress has become very popular over the last few months, it's a great design and I love a lot of aspects to it, like the wrap, the frilled skirting, the flippy hem to the skirt, and the loose wider sleeves, not to mention the delicate blue striped pattern - so I was super excited to style this piece!
I really found myself wanting to just wear it on it's own with 3 different sets of accessories, as that would have been easy to come up with, so I have tried a couple of alternates too^ First up wearing it as a skirt, I've seen this before and it's a safe style choice that generally works out well. I went super safe and paired it with a blue and white striped shirt, but I like it and the skirt style is still shown off. The navy jacket adds a contrast especially with the addition of the white bag, belt and heels. The second look then uses the dress as downsized and styled pretty low on the body, I wanted to get a looser effect around the torso and a longer length on the skirt - paired with this white fur I'm actually really happy with how a simple change worked out! Again white accessories, but the look is still stylish and trendy with a summer feel. And finally just the dress on it's own as it comes! I recently purchased this bag and pair of sandals so they were pretty much right in front of me when I put the dress on, I decided to give them a try and ended up loving the contrast of black with the dress =) With this one you probably couldn't mix and match with accessory colour, so I stuck with black and I think it looks pretty good - city summer ready I'd say =D

No comments:

Post a Comment