f

Tuesday 15 August 2017

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | August 2015

Something I thought might be an interesting addition to the blog would be a Hotbuys Revisited set of posts - going back to the same months Hotbuys of a previous year giving a quick summary of my current thoughts on them and styling up a couple of the pieces now to see how my ideas have changed for them since the original release ... somewhat like a review of how the pieces have fared in my wardrobe against the regular releases in the Plaza =) So without further ago - August 2015! These Hotbuys weren't my favourite at the time and they still aren't, the styles seem quite mixed and they are all quite bright pieces that don't match together all that well. It's needless to say that I've sold most of them, but do have a couple still in my wardrobe! The piece I liked and still like the best is the Sequin Cross Body bag, that you can see on the right - it has nice colours and an intricate design, it's certainly one of the more wearable items, and I actually styled it quite recently in my Bag It Up Challenge and loved working with it! So the two pieces I'm styling today are the Embellished Denim Jacket and the Green Snake Heels which I think will be pretty easy to find in the Bazaar if you're interested =)
Although these are not pieces I typically style a lot, I did enjoy digging them out again and giving them a go! I really thought I would like the denim jacket more of the two, however I'm super pleased with my styling of the green heels =D I'm not so sure on the design of them, I don't think it looks quite right, but anyway, I love them with this sheer printed dress - it's a tricky one to style but there's some great layering pieces out there and I think I made some good choices there^ Plus I combined it with another HB, this earrings - that's another piece I'm glad to get another use out of!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment