f

Monday 18 March 2019

D R E S S E S | Save Or Sell

For someone who doesn't wear dresses often, I sure have a lot of them in my wardrobe - over 20 pages in fact! That's just ridiculous, so I've had a small 'clear out' and selected 5 pieces to style up today to consider SAVING or SELLING. There are so many pieces still left that I'm not sure about so I'm sure there will be a follow up to this post at some point in the future^

P O L K A D R E S S & A L E X A N D E R W A N G I N S P I R E D M I N I D R E S S
These two pieces are a little more casual in their style, and are both minidresses covering both ends of the design spectrum, the Polka Dress being an original Nelly, or 'highstreet' equivalent, and the Alexander Wang Inspired Minidress a designer Tribute piece - both pieces I've styled at release and then never again! I definitely prefer the design of the grey dress, but I did find both equally difficult to like styling. I am happy with the stylings, but they took quite a while to put together and I can't see myself wanting to do it again. I like the combination of the denim jacket with the denim-esque dress, and I like the oversizing of the jacket paired with the boots - I do think it looks good, don't get me wrong, but it was the only look I could put together for the piece. I really love this grey tied sweater around the waist in the second look, it's a perfect fit for the dress, but then I found I couldn't add a jacket or anything as most pieces covered the dress too much, I have the perfect sunglasses for pairing with the dress, but it's not enough really^ These two pieces are both a S E L L.

S N O W D R O P A P P L I Q U E D R E S S
This piece is very glamorous with all those sparkles, but that theme is also something I associate with dressing up more formally which is something I definitely struggle with! I think I bought this dress for a styling post, either a WEARING or a PLAZA PICKS, but I've never worn it since - it shows I do get things wrong a lot of the time too, even though I had the best intentions with this piece. I do like this styling, I think it works well for the dress in terms of dressing it down a little, and I love the accessories of these sheer shoes and the silver earrings, but I'm not sure when I'd reach for this piece again and I think someone can love it more than I do, so it's a S E L L for this one. 

M O O N D U S T E M B R O I D E R E D S E Q U I N S D R E S S
This spangly piece from Anna Sui only came out last summer and I really love this piece, I wanted to love it in looks and on my doll too, but it's been a struggle, so I'm a little sad to categorise this as a S E L L piece. I styled it up pretty simply back in my review, but I've not worn it since. I tried to be a little more creative with my looks this time and spent at least an hour trying on different pieces with it - I think the turquoise does look very nice, this bag is a great fit with the dress, but it's quite a one-time look really. The brown tones also highlight a different tone to the dress and I have to say, this look did get quite a few compliments - am I making the wrong decision here?!?!

P R I N T E D M A X I D R E S S
Finally a winner, this piece is a S A V E - hooray^ It's another piece I've really not worn, and I really always look at this dress and think 'how can this be versatile?' but I think I've been successful in showing at least 2 different sides to it with these stylings, seeing the biggest contrasting colours with white and black. I love the covered leg look in both stylings, and boots are just the funnest pieces to wear with the leg splits. I found accessories super fun to work with in these looks, I'm really loving the tone of the silver bag with the texture of the dress in the second look, plus the matching earrings look great too. I'm pleased I came back to this piece, and I'm excited to try it out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment