f

Saturday 9 March 2019

Golden Hour

I'm a bit obsessed with the Golden Hour at the moment. If you've never heard of it before it's the period of time around sun rise and sunset when the low sun casts a beautiful golden glow over everything. 

This park scenery has a hint of that about it so I took that as my inspiration for today's fairly simple look.


I've kept the colour palette tight and the details small so as not to confuse the overall effect. This dress is simple in its shape and colour, but that lends it a graphic quality. I love the asymmetry so I didn't want to spoil the lines with a jacket - thank goodness for this Strike-a-pose handheld jacket in a near identical colour! 

My one design conceit in this look is the little extra twiddle on the boots - I love these boots but I wish the toes were a little longer - they tend to look a little stubby. It's not exactly seamless, but the HotBuys Marni inspired pumps layered over the top give the quirky turned up extension I'm looking for.

Ingredients | You Will Need

Mustard Colorblock Dress | Windows on the World
Hanging Wool Coat | Strike a Pose
Hoop Earrings | Inspired by Dolce & Gabbana Tribute
Fendi Inspired White Belt Bag | Fendi Tribute
Gold Chains Belt | The JetSet
Hotbuys Rock On Booties | Bonjour Bizou
HotBuys Marni Inspired Pump | Pretty 'n' Love

No comments:

Post a Comment