f

Friday 13 July 2018

I N S P I R E D B Y A N N A S U I | Tribute Review

Ok, so apparently this is the real start to the Tribute season, but who knows?! Anna Sui is here! I had no idea what brands or designers would be coming our way - we've had an Anna Sui release before which wasn't really in my style (6 years ago!?!) but this is totally different - even from the advertising I'm seriously impressed by this one, it sets the bar high for this season of releases =D
Highlights At first glances, I really think this is a great release! There are two floors filled with 12 looks of the recent releases and I think while there is an overwhelming boho style throughout, I do think there are some very versatile individual pieces on offer if you give them a chance^
Accessories The accessories category is mostly shoes - there are 7 pairs, 3 matching pairs of heels, platforms, and 3 pairs of boots, and I really quite like them all! There are two styles of boot to choose from, ankle with the Anna Sui Inspired Glitter Boots which come in a navy patent which I just think is amazing, and then knee-highs with the Anna Sui Inspired Boots Tan and Black which have a country vibe to them but some great detailing, I think they look really good on the doll! And the heels, the Anna Sui Inspired Stiletto Rose, Green and Pink, again I like them all^ They have a kitten-height heel and some cute strap detailing across the foot, I love this style =) There is just one bag, the Butterfly Boho Handbag, but I don't find it that stand out or impressive. There are some other fun pieces, like the Faux Fur Scarf which slings around the body from being held in both hands, and the Anna Sui Inspired Flower Headwear which I think is super pretty, while totally different for me I really like this on my doll! And there are a couple of pieces of jewellery, both the Lace Feather Long Necklace and Anna Sui Inspired Feather Choker have a feathered boho theme to them, while the Blue Kobal Earrings are a little different, a draping long pair with great details!
Clothing There are so many pieces, I find with all the sparkles and bold prints that my eyes are drawn all over the place! There are 6 dresses and I love that each one is unique and completely different to the others, there's prints, patterns, pale and dark tones. I'm a real fan of the florals, the Moon Dust Embroidered Sequins Dress is a stunning halterneck piece in neutral colours with just a few floral motifs and it's covered in sequins, and the Ditsy Daze Dress, which is a perfect autumnal piece with long sleeves and a high neck, the blue tone to the base is just beautiful! More boho styles include the Graphic Print Boho Dress which has a beautiful aubergine colouring and fringing on the hem, and the Iridescent Jacquard Dress which has such a rich colour palate and great detailing on the bodice and sleeves. There are a couple of co-ord sets which are just so pretty - I love the Embroidered Metallic Mesh Top and Skirt sooo much, they're in a pretty nude base colour with sequins and a delicate pattern and wrapping. They look great together but could also work separately - the same can be said for the Ditsy Daze Blouse and Corduroy Pants which have a cute tiny floral print in the same blue as the dress, so cute, especially the blouse with it's high neck and long sleeves! And lastly of course the Stripe Velvet Jacket and Pants, I think this is such a great set! I love the brown and pink tones and the casual fit to the pieces, the Jacket is especially appealing to me, can't wait to wear it^
There are so many shirts/tops on offer, 6 on top of the pieces I've already mentioned, and with quite a victorian twist to the boho theme. The Rows Of Flowers Lace Blouse and Folage Blouse are similar lacy intricate pieces in black and rust red respectively with high necks and long sleeves. The other 4 pieces are quite neutral and very boho, whites with the Flower Silk Blouse (which has a cool square neckline) and Victorian Blouse, some light florals with the Anna Sui Inspired Boho Blouse which has really cute sleeves. The Flower Pink Cropped Shirt also has very nice sleeves, I like the blouson style, the frill and the tied waist too^ And there are a few bottomhalves, they're all quite minimal but not really my style, however I do like the look of the Anna Sui Inspired Jeans, they're something a little different with pastel applique and detailing on a light wash denim.
Prices This release ranges from 16 to 38SD's, this is a similar range to previous Tribute releases. And nothing is SS or Royalty, the only limit will be the summer availability =)
Styled Outfits I tried out dark hair! I had fun trying this colour and style and I'll give it a go another time too, I think my doll looks so different! First up I wore the Moon Dust Embroidered Sequins Dress very minimally with nude heels and a green floral bag which actually I think works pretty well with the colours of the piece =) Next the Embroidered Metallic Mesh Top and Skirt which work perfectly on their own, but I needed to style it somehow, and so this great trench was a good fit with the pink tone ... again neutral heels, but they work so well to let the pieces stand out on their own! And finally the Anna Sui Inspired Boots Tan which I really love and haven't seen anyone else wear! I love this minimal white styling really letting them stand out in the styling, they work so well with many neutral base tones and I'm excited to see more people working with them - I think they work in this style so well!

Features And the features - there are so many! First up 3melekbir_arada going with the Anna Sui Inspired Checked Dress and totally smarting up this boho style with the use of a dark fitted blazer, but I think it works! The white accessories add a light modern touch, love the fishnets and the jewellery, I think those draping necklaces, particularly the Chanel, look great! 
Next up bloom_xx_layla going with the Anna Sui Glitter Tights and also the Victorian Blouse which is layered well with feminine flouncy skirting but also this perspex and pink coat - the glitter on the legs is definitely what pops! They look great with the striped socks and I think these shoes are a perfect finishing touch^
This outfit from cinderela23barb is all about autumn - the Folage Blouse has a beautiful colour on its own but looks amazing and really stands out with this burnt orange skirting, such a fab idea! I love the rest of the browns in the look, the sheeny hair is totally perfect, and I like just the little touch of LV bag that can be seen =)
Perfect for right now in the next look - the Blooms Crinkle Chiffon Duster worn by crazysweetcrazy! It's a great pairing for swimwear and poolside style and these orange pieces are very complimentary for the piece. Love the neutral heels and also the sunglasses, but the orange eyeshadow is awesome and totally draws you in!
Back to blue with Crystal_Harris wearing the Ditsy Daze Dress styling it up with some fabulous additions! Plus the Blue Kobal Earrings^ The white shirt sleeves look great, and really highlight the intricate floral print in the middle section of the dress. Those silver boots are also perfect and I love the big blue bag - a great touch^
Millaxx goes with a feminine styling using the Anna Sui Inspired Jeans and I think this styling really sells this piece to me! The printing and applique on the jeans is highlighted well by the pieces used, the body in pastel pink adds a slim silhouette and the perspex jacket adds well to that and also the colours on the jeans - the cropped-ness of it works well to show the jean design. And I think the hems stand out well too with the use of these heels =D
Sticking with a more feminine style is Nejtl wearing the Victorian Blouse in this adorable pairing with the tulle layered skirt which I love! This skirt can be tricky to wear but it's great with this blouse and the two styles suit each other nicely. The accessories are stylish yet neutral, both the heels and bag look great in there - as does the cool big bouncy hairstyle!
And last but not least, something darker - RiManiKordenty wearing the Rows Of Flowers Lace Blouse which definitely stands out in this styling! The textures of the pieces on the bottom half are great and work well with the lacy design, going with all black lets the white detailing pop, as with the pearl earrings and the super shimmer on the cheeks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment