f

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Black Coffee & Caramels

I've been meaning to style this shirt since it came out but I've not really given it the time of day - I thought it'd be good for styling with jeans only, but it turns out I was wrong!


With the right accessories, it can actually be rather sophisticated. I've used the dark piping as my jumping off point for the other elements of the outfit. I've basically framed everything with black, then extrapolated the coffee-cream of the shirt into more of a caramel-ish tone. This gives me scope to bring in more warm browns, like the tortoiseshell glasses and bag (a new favourite!). 

It seems silly, but I think the watch is an important addition in this look. As my doll is almost always styled with long sleeves, it's unusual for you to see her wrists. A watch brings a sense of practicality to an outfit, no matter how wild your look it. You might look like a fairy of the glen, but you're a fairy with places to be! Coupled with the loose, boxy cut of the shirt, the watch brings an element of coolness, but in control. 

Ingredients | You Will Need
HotBuys Gucci Inspired Silk Shirt | It Girls
Fendi Inspired Beige Skirt | Fendi Tribute
Vintage Tortoiseshell Earrings | Couture Tribute
Tortoise Sunglasses | Vinyl
Black Subcouture Belt | Subcouture
Plain Watch | Nelly.com
Throw On Jacket | Vinyl
Tortoise Plastic Bag | Nelly.com
Knee High Pointy Suede Boots | Royalty

No comments:

Post a Comment