f

Friday 8 March 2019

V O I L E | Release Review

It seems like it's been a while since our last VOILE release, but actually it was only in December! Here is our Spring drop of the store - the advertising gives nothing away, but generally VOILE provides a versatile release with some great accessories to be had, lets get on in and take a look =)
Highlights This release comes with 2 floors of 10 looks in total, nothing for the guys this time. The release is just everything that Spring says to me - fun colours, pastels, cream tones and light airy fabrics mixed with some stand out designs! I'm super impressed with this release^
Accessories The accessories with this release are really focused on the shoes and bags, the only 'extra' with this collection are the Snake Gloves which are actually a super cool idea, they're sheer white and have a wrapped metallic snake design around the wrists. There are 4 pairs of shoes in the release, the Crystal Embellished Pumps are a classic pair in black with a pointed toe and straps around the ankle, they look great and look great on the doll too - they're a style I love wearing so I know these are perfect for me. The other 3 pairs are all silver, the Glitter Pumps are a basic pair, slight pointed toe with a tall stiletto and a covered in glitter, the Silver High Stiletto's have a sheeny silver colour and are all about the straps, there's a T-bar and then also straps around the ankles, and lastly the Metallic Leather Sandals which are silver and gold in colour and have a very nice strap design, they look very intricate and the heel height is a nice not-too-high one^ The bags in the release are absolutely stand out! Really great choices with the 4 that there are. The 2 clutches are the Diamond Clutch which is a silvery dinky piece, and the Croc Effect Leather Clutch which is a nude piece with super cool jewels on the hand - I like them both, but I think the small size of the Diamond Clutch will make me forget about using it! The other bags are handheld, the Angeles Python Tote which is a structured mustard piece, I mean that colour - what's not to love!!! And then the Gold Tone Velvet Clutch, which is a spherical bag with amazing gold detailing around it, it's a little similar to pieces we've had in the past, but I love this^
Clothing As with the vibe of VOILE, the release is all about those dresses! There are 7 to choose from in a good range of styles and colours, from mini to gowns, from dark to light there should be something that most people like =) The Selena Maxi Dress and Othelia Dress give me all the By Malina vibes with their light tones, textures and lace details, they're very pretty pieces but ones I know that I personally won't get a lot of wear out of. The White Bow Dress is a very modern piece, it's mini in length with a V neckline and some of the coolest shoulder details ever! It's super stand out and really does look great on the doll^ I'm very attracted to the gowns with this one - pieces I don't normally choose as I know I don't wear them so much, but it's all about those colours! The Ataker Lilac Dress has such a great tone, the shade of purple is perfection, and I know it's a colour I wear from pieces in the past - I love the design too, the tulle looks great, I love the half sheer skirting and the ruffling across the top of the dress, so beautiful =) And then also the Valentina Dress, in a beautiful golden yellow, I go on about yellow enough so I'm sure you will have suspected that I love this piece. The design is minimal yet attractive, I really like the one-shouldered style and the layered detail across the top, again it looks great on the doll too. And there are a few non-dress pieces to choose from too - the tops are stand out for sure! They've gone all out on the details with those. The White Cape Top has a slighter looser fit, I like the long sleeves and the fastenings across the deep neckline, and then the train, it's something totally different but very chic looking. Then the Flower Top and the Ralph Russo Inspired Top both are all about those shoulder details - they're both in a light lilac tone and have some fab details, the first has a huge floral ruffle on one shoulder while the second has a smaller knotted shoulder but a cool wrapped design to the whole piece. And then there are bottomhalves, usually I'm all about the trousers but I'm not so sure about these pieces - I think it's just that I haven't seen anyone style them up yet! The Glittery Lilac Trousers just sound perfect, I like the overall fit and the length, along with the pleated front, but I'm not so sure about the waistline design, I don't really like the folds, but obviously this is something that could be gotten around with some layering, so maybe I should just give them a go. And then there are the Silver Flower Trousers, which I like the design and fit and pleat, and colour of course - I don't mind the big flower on the waist, what's putting me off is the tie at the waistband, it makes them look like joggers and I really think that's not the overall vibe of this piece, for me it's a let down for them as otherwise they look perfect!
Prices This release ranges from 13 to 34SD's, in general I do think it's a little on the pricier side, particularly for accessories, but it's a more high-end based store, so I don't think it's unreasonable. No pieces are SS or Royalty only.
Styled Outfits So much fun working with these pieces, I'm super pleased with everything I bought^ First up the Ataker Lilac Dress, which of course won't be something to wear everyday, but just looks stunning! I paired with these great dark purple shoes and they introduced the silver well for accessories - look at that, a bracelet! I don't know the last time my doll wore a bracelet! I think it's missing some earrings but I couldn't find just the perfect pair, so a search for another time. Secondly the Crystal Embellished Pumps and the Angeles Python Tote together in a perfect black and yellow look, which I really like. The trousers have a smart vibe to them so look great with the vibe of VOILE pieces, I like the slight contrast with the colour of the bag to the trousers, it really pops in the styling, and the length of the trousers lets the strapping on the shoes show just a little. And finally the Croc Effect Leather Clutch paired with the Gold Tone Velvet Clutch worn together because those tones are just great together^ The light nude tones stand out great against this all beige look, this is something I'm so loving right now and these accessory pieces work perfectly with the trend - and matching nude heels of course!
Features I spotted 2 fabulous looks on Mia1435 and just had to feature them both! I love the different vibes the two looks have, it's great showing the versatility of VOILE. Firstly wearing the White Cape Top which looks fab paired with this denim miniskirt, the tones are great and I love that it adds a casual touch to the piece. These accessories are great, adore the long straps of the heels with the fastenings on the top, and the blue clutch is the perfect colour to stand out a little but also fit in^
And in the second styling, the Russo Lilac Hat, a super smart piece paired with this overcoat! This outfit really looks amazing, I love the piece with the layering of the coat and the dress, and the nude belting really looks great on top of the black piece that's attached to the coat. The green is a perfect spring pop, the style suits well, the floral sprigs are a stand out touch and that makeup is beautiful!
And finally a look from rob_sef7 who is looking super glamorous wearing both the Snake Gloves and the Diamond Clutch which totally doesn't get lost in this look so I may need to reconsider buying it! I adore the layering of the gloves with a white pair, it's so perfect for them and I think it makes the design pop even more. The minimal white base looks great and the wrapping of this skirt in a different pattern really stands out. The white heels are fab and the pearl earrings and headband are a great finishing touch with the diamond on the bag =)

No comments:

Post a Comment