f

Wednesday 6 March 2019

V I N Y L | Release Review

We got ourselves a brand new street-wear drop in the form of a floor of VINYL recently - it's a modern store and judging from the advertising it looks like the release fits the usual bill of the store and has some nice pieces!
Highlights The release is the usual size of one floor, there are 5 looks including one for male dolls. The pieces are pretty themed on reds and blacks and I think the collection fits together very nicely =)
Accessories For the number of looks, there is a good range of accessories available. There are two pairs of booties, the High Heel Booties, a black almost velvet-looking pair, and the Red Metallic Boots which are a pair of pointed kitten heel chelsea boots. There is also a pair of socks, the Red Stripe Socks, which I think will be a pretty popular choice. There is just one bag, but it's pretty amazing, the Methacrylate Bag. It's got a brown speckled box bag with a popping red handle - super stylish and current, I'm definitely excited for this piece! There is also a belt, the Yellow Stripe Belt, being an SC piece and a pretty basic one, I think this will see a lot of stylings =) And lastly a hat, the Nautical Cap, a typical baker-boy styled piece in a bold colour, while not for me, I think it will look pretty cool in the right outfit.
Clothing The clothing really seems to have been designed around mix and match, with the ability to pick and choose between the tops and bottoms to come up with a range of looks, I think it's really great for the store! I'm a huge fan of the bottomhalves - there are 3, the High Waist Denim Split Skirt which is a black midi piece with a midline split to above the knee, it's super fun and a modern twist on the typical denim skirt. Then there are two pairs of trousers, the Orange High Waist Pants which are super casual with a loose fit, I like the rolling of the hem and the colour, and then there are the High Waisted Long Trousers which are in a beige wide leg design, they will be too boring for some, but I find the colour and style to be super versatile so I hope people give them a chance. There are 3 tops in the release, the Light Camisole offers that something a little different by being in a pale pink and in silk, and then there are tees with the popart Photo Print Tshirt and then the 'band tee' Euphoric T Shirt. And also 3 choices with the outerwear - my favourite is by far the Throw On Jacket, an over-shoulder black leather piece which looks super cool and ticks just about every box I could ask for in such a style, pretty perfect! The Rolled Sleeve Jacket also looks quite cool, it's an oversized tweed-style piece with the hands tucked in the pockets, my only concern is that the neckline is quite wide so might not suit all styles.
Prices This release ranges from 11 to 21SD's, there are a couple of pieces available in SC's and nothing is limited to SS or Royalty only members.
Styled Outfits I bought quite a few pieces from this release - I just found things super versatile! First up the High Waist Denim Split Skirt in my favourite colour combination of black and brown, but I really think it works in the favour of the piece as the skirt really does pop in the styling. I love it with the boots, but equally this skirt will look good with heels or trainers too^ Secondly pairing the Throw On Jacket and Methacrylate Bag for this styling, I love the use of red throughout to really fit the bag into the styling, this shirt adds such a soft touch to the leather of the jacket, and the trousers add that interesting vibe to the look with their design. Finally the Orange High Waist Pants, black seemed the obvious choice to make the colour really pop in the look, but these will be great with matching tones and also with lighter colours in the summer. I loved the hemming of these paired with our new Tabi boots, I think the eye is really drawn to that part of the look well =)
Features You guys are loving this release, so many great outfits to show with these new pieces! Firstly a couple using the Rolled Sleeve Jacket, this one is from ajenkam, matching the patterning very nicely with this blue shirt, I really love that! The burgundy velvet trousers look fab against the jacket too, it's such a fun colour combination^ The blues are continued in the accessories, I'm all about these cool sunglasses in the styling! 
Secondly also using the Rolled Sleeve Jacket, and also starting of a few looks that make use of the High Waist Denim Split Skirt, and also wearing the Photo Print Tshirt, dollchik looking very cool! Everything works together very nicely, I love the use of the red in the shoes to work with the printing on the tee and the red lip, a super glamorous touch to the styling. Also loving the visor, it adds such a different vibe to the look. The studded belt bag is also looking fine, a perfect addition!
In this styling leiona_- also wears the High Waist Denim Split Skirt - just see how versatile it is! It works in a totally different style and I love it for that! It looks great with this band tee, and I love both pieces layered with a smart white shirt underneath and this cool checkered sprint coat ontop, it really drew me to the look! The booties and sheer socks look fab with this skirt too^
And now a second look with the Photo Print Tshirt, this time from Claudentia, who also styles the Yellow Stripe Belt and runs with the black and yellow theme well throughout the look. I love the style combination of the casual tee with this tulle layered skirt, it looks fab, and the yellow base of the top and the boots really does make that photo pop in the look =) Accessories are also pretty fab in this one!
Next we have Lawliet. wearing the Euphoric T Shirt really dressed up with this lace detail skirt, I think it works out very nicely actually! The solid black base to the look with the boots and the long sleeved polo are perfect for the success, I love all the accessories too, the gloves and the pearl necklace particularly =)
Some more bright now, millaxx styling the Orange High Waist Pants and the Throw On Jacket looking very cool! I love the use of the mesh top and bra in this look, they work together well and I think are perfect with the black leather. The boots are also a great touch there, and I love the orange bag to add to the trousers - a great grunge-esque fashion week styling for sure^
And the final feature - you guys really did love this release - Jacquemus wearing the High Waisted Long Trousers and the Methacrylate Bag, perfect together and with the rest of this look. I love the use of the printed cardigan for red highlights, I think it's perfect for the bag. Also enjoying the shirt layered and the use of the trainers, making a super fun styling with a light casual vibe =D

No comments:

Post a Comment