f

Monday 20 May 2019

D E N I M J A C K E T S | Save Or Sell

I've been meaning to do something with denim jackets for a while, but wasn't sure I wanted to do with them - they're not pieces I wear often, so styling them up didn't seem quite right as I'm not sure I'm convinced on denim jackets, thus Spring stylings to decide whether to Save or Sell these pieces is a perfect choice! Today 3 jackets that have been hiding in my wardrobe, some for quite a while.

H O T B U Y S L O O S E F I T D E N I M J A C K E T
This is a Hotbuys piece from June 2017, which I really liked back then, but I think that feeling wore off quite quickly as I don't think I've styled it since then. I really struggled finding a variety of pieces or colours to wear with this jacket, hence both looks being white-based. I think the dress is super cute with the jacket, but I have no desire to wear this style again, so for me it's an obvious choice to S E L L this one.

N O E D G E S D E N I M J A C K E T
This next piece is an old Subcouture one, again from 2017, and another one which I thought I liked back then, now it's really not for me. I don't like the looser fit without structure, and I don't like the boxy style with the rolling of the sleeves - I'm not ruling out the style in the future, but this specific one isn't for me. I really don't like these stylings, there was a lot of 'tooth pulling' to get these looks together, a definite struggle! I don't mind the blue trouser and boot combination with the denim, but neither of the looks a favourites, so this is another piece to S E L L.

B A L E N C I A G A I N S P I R E D D E N I M J A C K E T
At least I am ending on a high - I'm happy to say I'm going to S A V E this one! This one is fairly recent from Balenciaga and I definitely like it a lot more than the first two. I'm not sure if it's the dark denim colouring, or if it's the cropped fit with the buttons done up that sells it to me over the others, but they're great features to it. I like the open neck and the (almost) full length sleeves. I found this one quite easy to find pieces to style it with, but blue and green tones were definite winners. I really like both of these stylings and found them effortless to put together - I'm glad something worked out in the end with this post =D

No comments:

Post a Comment