f

Saturday 18 May 2019

S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review

A surprise release of Subcouture this weekend - posting this review today in case you still want to make some purchases, you have until the end of Sunday to do so =) The advertising looks bright and summer, it's tricky to get a gage on the vibe of the release, the front look is more boho while the one at the back has a party focus, so lets see what's on offer!
Highlights This release has 2 floors with a total of 10 looks for the girls and 2 looks for the guys. It's a bit of a random release, the styles seem a bit all over the place - which gives an unappealing vibe to start with I think. Nothing seems to fit together much, but I think it's worth it to spend some time looking at the individual pieces.
Accessories A pretty mixed bunch of pieces I'd say. The bags are a huge success for starters, I really like both pieces, they're current, have been made well, and aren't pieces we've had similar versions of before. The Subcouture Chrystal Bag is a structured box bag with a perspex outer layer and in a snazzy silver, while the Straw Mini Bag is a little more casual, although still has sparkles, it's in a popular rounded style and I think it looks pretty good^ As a whole, the shoes are pretty disappointing, but the Green Buckle Booties are very nice. They're a sock-boot fitted style with a very nice design in the buckle. I really like the colour, it's different and will definitely stand out in an outfit. There are a couple of belts in the release, which are both very nice - the Twosided Belt and Versace Inspired Belt are both black pieces with large metal buckle details. Overall pretty minimal, but very wearable which is definitely something I like about them =)
Clothing Again the clothing is quite a mixed bunch. There are a few questionable, and a few familiar items, so I wouldn't say it's a great release overall - this section will be a little short^ One thing I do like is that there are a lot of separates and not so many dresses - the Blue Love Flirty Dress is super cute, I love the design and colour, but separate pieces are just so much more wearable. The Contoured Ring Top and Mini are the first pieces which caught my eye, such a sweet co-ord set, super boho and the sort of Coachella vibes that I like^ I love the pale colour and the pink delicate floral detailing, plus the ring detailing is great when you zoom in for a closer look, so intricate! I like the balloon-style sleeves on the Top and the Skirt is a nice length for a mini piece - both will look great together or styled alone. Another co-ord is the Cowboy Style Shirt and Shorts, again fitting with the vibes I'd expect from Coachella. I'm not 100% convinced on the Shorts yet, I'm not sure how versatile they are, but I love the colour combinations on these pieces. The white base is great and I love the brown trimmings and detail, they're definitely stand out! And finally the Beige Laced Top, it seems a little out of place and doesn't really go with any of the outfits it's placed in in store, but I like it on its own! The details are really pretty and while it is a little lingerie-esque with sheer panels, I find on my doll's skin tone it doesn't really come across like that and it will be a pretty feminine and non-white piece to wear in summer styles =)
Prices This release ranges from 14 to 30SD's which is very much on par with the last 3 or 4 releases - didn't find this too expensive, I bought 8 or 9 items for less than 150SD's, which I think isn't bad. This release isn't SS or Royalty limited, but it is time limited to this weekend.
Styled Outfits Now for my stylings, I bought quite a few pieces so can't feature everything, but just a few summery stylings to start with. First up the Contoured Ring Top and Mini which I kept simple with neutral accessories - I think styling the pieces together that works well, and if styling them separately I might venture out into colour^ Secondly the Beige Laced Top which I knew I wanted to wear with these silky trousers immediately, I just love the look of the fitted top with the loose leg of the trousers! I also added the Straw Mini Bag to this styling, the colour works well with the pale pink and the cream, and I think these brown heels make a nice finishing touch. It's super simple, but something pretty wearable =) And finally the Cowboy Style Shirt, which was the piece I spent most time on - I did want to wear it with brown trousers, but nothing in my wardrobe was quite right with the colours so I went with these white trousers, which have a great texture to match up with the shirt. Love the brown accessories to match the shirt details, and I have a lot of these so plenty of options to go along the similar style in the future too^
Features And now for the features! The Chrystal Fishnet Dress sure seems popular, these first few looks make use of it in contrasting styles. Achrome wears it in a light white look, pairing it also with the Subcouture Chrystal Bag, a perfect pairing, and also the Halterneck Top. I love these wide leg trousers, they look super stylish, and the gloves and jewels added are just a continuation of the glamour and sparkles^
In the second styling with the Chrystal Fishnet DressJesica_1998 chooses a darker look, which the sparkly mesh looks just as good in! Again with a wide leg trouser, definitely seeming a little of a trend to me, and I like the use of the patterned top, it adds something a little different to the styling that something plain would. I like the short sleeves too^ The accessories are simple yet fitting and effective for the styling =) 
And back to a lighter styling, Mia1435 wearing the Tweed Mini Dress in silver with it's long fringing detailing. I really like the meshed skirt added beneath, it looks a perfect match and I like the style combination. The accessories are great, I like the mixed metals in the heels and necklace, and the draping on the bag is a great fit with the style of the Dress^
And the final feature, twittersred wearing the Notte Dress - I was very much put off this piece by the deep V, because otherwise it's a very nice piece, but this look overcomes that with this blue polo, it's really the perfect solution! The pieces meld together quite seamlessly, it's really looking like one dress. The minimal accessories are perfect, they both stand out and fit in while the Dress does it's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment