f

Monday 13 May 2019

W I N D O W S O N T H E W O R L D | Release Review

Last week brought us a brand new Windows On The World store themed on 'Middle East' with designs and styles to fit. The WOTW releases have been quite a pleasant surprise in the past so I'm excited to see this one - the advertising looks great, those sequins are stunning and I love the tiled background, although it was used with a previous release of the store already.
Highlights This release covers 2 floors and really has a lot of looks included, as well as some fitting decor pieces. While the colours aren't necessarily all vibrant, they really pull your attention in all directions, I think the store is quite great and I'm excited to style these pieces.
Accessories The accessories aren't my favourite, I think the shoes are a little lacking - while I love the colours and designs of the Tusara Pumps and the Belted Suede Pumps Green, I don't find them flattering on my doll, so a little disappointing. The bags, on the other hand, completely make up for it, these are great! There's just one style, the Mini Frame Bag which comes in both Pink and Green - it's completely adorable^ The pastel tones are great and the structures style is a popular one, along with the hooped handle, they really look great. There are a few other accessories available, I'm particularly liking the Chain Earrings, the detail is fab close up =)
Clothing The clothing definitely provides great options, there are so many styles and colours to choose from. There is a huge focus on dresses, with more than 5 to choose from in a great range - the pieces that stand out to me are of course the Cotton Knit Dress in the bold mustard tone, it has great detail too and the length is great for a midi style. The Asymmetric Shirt Dress is pretty cool too, although I think they've mixed a few names up, this has a super fun pleated and fringed skirting with a great golden hued shirt on the top half - I'm super attracted to the sleeve design, the shoulders have a delicate detail and they just look great although I think this would have been awesome as a separate shirt and skirt. The Pleat Shirt Dress is also pretty fun with the white shirt on the top half layered up with a strapless dress. The burnt orange tone of the dress is great for summer and I think this could make some really fab stylings =) And there are a few skirts available too which I really like - the Pleated Ball Skirt is a perfect white midi with a great fitting waist and some very sweet details to make it stand out, and then there is the Fringe Floral Skirt, which is golden so of course I will love it, but also has a nice midi length and a very nice slimming fit. Definitely both stand out pieces! I very much adore the co-ord in the release, the Sequined Mini Dress and Floral Sequin Jacket, it really was love at first sight^ I'm not always a fan of mini dresses, but the design and colours on this was too perfect to pass on, and I find the pieces super flattering. They look great together but will also work as separates. And lastly a couple of tops and jackets to mention, this release is giving us a bit of the 'utility' style that has really risen in popularity recently with both the Cropped Safari Shirt in a cream sheer fabric with long sleeves and the large pockets on the front, and also the Cropped Safari Jacket which has matching large pockets and is in a great pastel blue tone =)
Prices This release ranges from 6 to 27SD's, which I think is quite alright - and purchasing this release will go towards your total G-O-M spend which is always a plus^ Nothing is SS or Royalty limited which is also good.
Styled Outfits I really think I'll be getting great wear from all of these pieces over the Summer months, I'm definitely feeling inspired by them! First up the Pleated Ball Skirt which I love for being white, it's such an easy colour to wear in summer and goes with so many other pieces I already own, I choose this super fun top and one of my favourite pairs of boots. This skirt definitely has versatility, it will look good in many different styles and with lots of different colours. Secondly the pairing of the Sequined Mini Dress and Floral Sequin Jacket which I've styled very simply with pink accessories. These boots are a great colour with the pieces, but the heels will look fab too and there's so many colours you could choose from to accent from the sequins. And finally the Cropped Safari Shirt which just looks so smart! I found so many choices of skirts and trousers for it, but ended up choosing something a little un-Springlike, but the fit pairing is perfect. Simple on the accessories, I think this bag is a great fit for both clothing items as it's neither too dark or light, and choosing shoes a little out there for me, but I think the sheer design works well against the shirt =D
Features And now for the features, you guys really loved this one too, and I found so many looks all featuring different pieces from the release. First up is Achrome wearing the menswear Stripe Silk Jacket - I knew I'd find someone opting for this piece, it looks fab on a female doll too^ This tulle skirting is a perfect colour and really adds a feminine touch, I love the deep purple heels and the long chains added to accessorise =)
Next up in is ayselevi123 styling the Cropped Safari Jacket in an outfit with such cool vibes. These trousers will always be a favourite of mine, the relaxed fit is a good pair with this jacket and I love that a simple tee is added to counteract the glam details added with all that silver - love the heart brooch added to the jacket and the belting details, so great!
For our third feature, FREIHEIT1993 styled the Pleated Ball Skirt in such a classic look! The shirt pairing is a perfect colour match, while this wide open striped trench is the perfect detail to add - it's neutral yet still striking^ I love the width of the coat paired with the skirt, a winning combination. The accessories are great, the bag and shoes fit nicely while the red lip and emerald earrings really stand out =D
Next up we have Jacquemus styling the Pleat Shirt Dress which look super fun in a layered styling. I would never have thought to layer something under the dress, but this printed skirt is beautiful here! The orange tones to the skirt are just right for that of the dress and the rest of the print adds an interesting touch. I adore that the accessories are pink, this bag and the shoes are perfect here^
And for the final feature, Marta-43 wearing the Asymmetric Shirt Dress, again looking very cool as a layered piece, this golden toned skirt is great and really works as a good balance for the shirt component of the dress. These white boots look fab, they're one of my favourite pairs and this is yet another good styling for them. The pearl details in all of the jewellery are a great finishing touch =D

No comments:

Post a Comment