f

Saturday 11 May 2019

L E D E C O R | Release Review

This past weekend brought us a brand new LE Decor release! It's been a little while since we've had one of these and I for one am sure glad to check out what special pieces could be added to my suite^ The advertising is super bright, and of course the golden logo draws me in completely!
Highlights This release is based on Versace and is a super bright one! The 3 floors really focus on blues and pinks. Although there are 3 floors it's quite a minimal release with not a ton of items to choose from.
Furniture There are quite a few large items that could be focussed on, the piece that definitely catches my eye though is the Pink Bed Spread, a fun rounded-edge pink bed with a very cool palm-print sheet. It's a retro style which I think looks great, I just don't quite know how I would style the room around it, or where it would go in my suite. I'm also quite the fan of the funky Medusa Chairs in both Neon and Pink. While they certainly don't look comfy to sit on, they do look pretty good and actually I can see where they would fit in my suite, I would love to be able to buy multiples of the same colour to put together a proper seating area. Also very much like the Blue Sofa Chair, the texture looks great and the colour is quite neutral for the store despite being blue!
Decor The smaller pieces in the release are definitely more easy to style and fit into suite rooms I think, I'm really attracted by the lighting pieces in this release. The Night Lamp in such a pretty dusky pink immediately made its way to my shopping bag, it's a modern design and the colour is beautiful. I also love the look of the Ceiling Lamp in a great turquoise with golden details, and also the Check Blue Lamp which looks very vintage and is a fun combination of colours. The Shiny Blue Pillows are the only textile piece, and for me I had the perfect spot for them in my suite, but the colour won't be for everyone. I usually get on pretty well with floral pieces in Decor releases, and the Flower Vase Medusa ticks the boxes for me^ The light pink of the flowers is pretty and the vase is a stand out one, the neutral colour is perfect to fit into most suite designs.
Prices This release ranges from 30 to 84SD's, which isn't too bad and is in line with the previous few releases. One big difference this time is the collection is not SS limited, so anyone can purchase - that's fab! This also hasn't been so popular, so there are still a lot of pieces left, even a week after release.
Styled Suite I have loved adding some new pieces to my suite and having a little freshen up in some rooms. The Shiny Blue Pillows are great with my blue sofa from an old LE Decor release (the 3rd LE Decor way back in 2012 =O), I love adding to this room as it's one I should showcase more often! The Blue Sofa Chair would also look fantastic in here. I added the Night Lamp and Flower Vase Medusa to another previous LE Decor room, they're great in the pink^ And I even bought the Baroque Print Bag to showcase in my suite. This is the room that would look great with the Medusa Chairs Pink I think, going for a modern vibe over the velvet soft touches that are currently there.

No comments:

Post a Comment