f

Sunday 5 May 2019

V E L V E T O R C H I D | Release Review

Today reviewing our recent Velvet Orchid release in the Plaza - this store isn't always for me, it can be quite hit or miss, but this time it's looking like a strong collection with a great range of pieces! Lets get on in and see what there is on offer =)
Highlights I'd say the styles were pretty mixed in this release, in a good way though, as it really opens up the store to more people, I've found several pieces in this release that I really like and would definitely wear, which isn't always the case =)
Accessories The range of accessories is pretty good, with shoes, bags and accessories available. I adore the Coral Pink Sandals so much, I can completely see these becoming shoe of the summer, not only are they pink but they have great yellow and orange tones included, and I love the wedge mule style to them - it's a complete bonus that they're in SC! I'd buy these in other colours if they were to be released^ The Velvet Belt Bag is pretty cute, love the burgundy colour to it and still very much into velvet, although more for an Autumn/Winter styling, so I'm saving this to pick up in several months time. And I also really like the jewellery pieces, the Moonage Layered Necklace is very pretty, the layered chains look great and are a popular style. While you don't see the details from afar, it's an intricate piece looking up close. And then the Star Earrings, these are super sweet! It's a popular style right now and I think a lot of people will pick these up.
Clothing The clothing is mixed in style, so I will be focussing just on the pieces which do catch my eye. The snake print in the Snake Crop Top stood out immediately, I love the light colours and while it's a cropped piece, it's very much a blouse style with a looser fit and fabulous sleeves. Plus the tie around the waist looks great. It's such a flattering piece on as well, I'm quite surprised that I haven't seen anyone style this yet! Also very much loving the Tie Pants, super minimal in black but such a great slim fit, they look fabulous^ The tie on the waist is small so it doesn't overwhelm the trousers and will definitely make them an easy piece to style - these are definitely a great basic. The velvet pieces are super cool, and the Guest Writers have been enjoying them too here and here - the Velvet Duo Jacket and Velvet Trousers are a sweet set, the colours are pretty stand out too. I'm giving them a miss this time as I have a very similar pair of blue velvet trousers from a previous release, so if you missed the last pair this is an opportunity to get some^ The pink of the Ruffle Long Dress really stands out too, I'm just a little on the fence about the style, I think if it was midi length then I'd buy it right away^ The colour is beautiful and I love the square shoulder and frilled sleeve design.
Prices This release ranges from 8 to 22SD's which is pretty normal for a release like this. There are a couple of pieces in SC's, and there is one piece which is Royalty only.
Styled Outfits First up styling the Snake Crop Top which was super easy to work with, I chose a neutral pair of trousers, I like having a high waist so not too much skin is on show and these work exactly how I would want. I picked out matching snake print shoes and a neutral bag and sunglasses - I did try full snake print but it was a little overwhelming, I'll definitely try with the skirt again though as I think it could be something fun! And secondly the Coral Pink Sandals, this time I've highlighted the orange/red tones with this trouser-vest combination but there were so many choices for these shoes! I like the baby pink pieces in the look, it mutes the bright colours just enough and I think the shoes look really awesome - I'm so excited to dress these more^
Features And for a few features, this first one is from Marta-43 styling up the Ruched Satin Midi Dress in a very vintage-esque look. I love that just the skirting of the dress is shown, the pink is a beautiful colour and works well with the other pastels in the look. The furry shawl piece is a perfect style for the dress and shirt combination, and I love the booties and bag, a great vintage styling =D
And then we have CoolRachael wearing the Velvet Trousers in this cool tropical combination^ The blue really looks great against these yellow and orange tones, it's a popping combination that really stands out. The printed shirt is cool, I like the half tuck and I think the muted print works well for this outfit =)

No comments:

Post a Comment