f

Tuesday 12 February 2019

The Girl with the Golden Thread

I was really moved by --kayley's exceptional look which was featured the other day - so so so good! It's sculptural, it's graphic, I'm angry I didn't think of it!  I'm definitely not as skilled a lateral thinker as --kayley, but I decided to customise the same coat, but in more of a 'me' way. 


Remember the little freebies you get with Limited Edition from time to time? I ended up with two of these golden bird brooches that I threw straight into storage like...great, thanks. Turns out they make a really beautiful accent - more like gold embroidery than over-the-top brooches. To set that off, I've added some cushions with a dark, luxurious and traditional fabric as a trim. 

For contrast, I wanted to make a clean, sporty dress to go under the coat. I chose the recent coatdress from Runway paired with ruffled sleeves from a sporty jacket that I've used similarly before. Finally, the Vinyl belt acts as a graphic stripe - honestly, if you haven't bought this belt, what are you doing? Get on it!

Hopefully, I've pulled it together successfully. It's a real joy making something different out of bits and pieces and I invite you to give it a go!

Ingredients | You Will Need
Just Oversized Coat | Inspired by Marc Jacobs Tribute
Alexandre Vauthier Inspired Blazer Dress | Runway
Stripe White Black Belt | Vinyl
Panda Ruffle Jacket Woman | Evil Panda
Flower Heet Sandals | Pretty 'n' Love
Square Brooch Earring Left & Right | Epiphany
Bird Brooch x 2 | Limited Edition
Embroidered Velvet Cushion x s | Sweet Suites

No comments:

Post a Comment