f

Wednesday 20 February 2019

P R E T T Y ' N L O V E | Release Review

A great Valentine's release in the Plaza with brand new Pretty 'N Love - it's back to it's expected form with a lot of pink tones and feminine styles. I'm excited to style up for the month with these pieces!
Highlights The release is the usual size for this type of store, one row of accessories and two of clothing, all themed on pinks and reds but with a mix of styled and designs in the pieces.
Accessories For me there are two clear winners in the accessories, the paired Illesteva Bazter Sunglasses in both Black and White, great style of sunglasses with a narrow lens - they both look great on and will be super easy to style. They're also quite neutral, so those who don't love pink or red tones, then these will work for you^
Clothing Red and pink very obviously is the main theme - which I'm all about, but I'd say it's pretty mixed in terms of quality and style, there's some things I really don't think work well in the store as they're a little tacky for me, but I can't always be pleased! So I'll really just be talking about the pieces I like. There are quite a few dresses and skirts in the release, but a few stand out strides ahead of the pack. Firstly the Polka Dot Red Dress, it's for sure my favourite piece of the release, in a beautiful red with white dots. It's long sleeved and knee length with a wrap design and a little slit on the leg. The shoulders are structured and the V is quite deep. I love it for the silk fabric, it makes it seem elegant and adds an extra beauty to the piece =) The Love Me Not Dress and the Red Slip Dress are similar pieces, then lengths are comparable and they're both strappy. They've both got summer vibes to them, but the Love Me Not Dress has a more casual feel to it, I can see it styled well for summer with white trainers and white sunglasses, it will be amazing, I like the layering to the skirting but the only thing I'm questioning is the text along the belting, but I think I'll be able to do a little something about that. The Red Slip Dress is a more silky formal piece, the slit comes just above the knee, it looks very nice, and I love the draping design to the neckline, it looks super well done, the belting on this one is what I'm questioning, I don't like the long hanging fringed section so much. And then there are two shirts I want to discuss, the Mesh Top is a pretty different piece for a Pretty 'N Love release, it's a black mesh long sleeved polo and I think it will be popular across styles. It fits the doll well, and will be a good piece for layering. And then there is the Cropped Silk Shirt in a super pretty rose colour, it's styled as a crop tuck, but also has an open front, just fastened in the last few buttons. The texture on this one looks divine, and it's something pretty different for a shirt, it's not like a lot of other pieces we've had so I'm quite pleased with this piece =)
Prices The prices in this release range from 11 to 19SD's, which I think is good and everything seems very fairly priced. There are a couple of SC items, and nothing is SS or Royalty limited.
Styled Outfits For my stylings there is definitely the Valentine's theme flowing, but pinks and red don't have to be restricted to this theme and I look forward to wearing them in other ways, but for now I'm happy to go with this idea^ First up the Polka Dot Red Dress styled very minimally with just white accessories added, I think it's an effective way to show off the dress - what it's lacking is some great jewellery, either a necklace or earrings, but I couldn't find just the right piece in my wardrobe this time! I also added the Illesteva Bazter Sunglasses White which I think give a little casual touch to the outfit. Secondly the Cropped Silk Shirt in a look that I can only describe as going all out pink! I was surprised that I quite liked it with this metallic pink skirt, the pieces are fun and if you can't combine them now, then when can you?! The accessories are on the paler and sheenier-theme and I love this, I think they pop out against the rest of the pink very nicely. And lastly the Illesteva Bazter Sunglasses Black in the least 'here I am valentines' outfit, going for a black base, but I think it works and it does still use pink. The muted shade works well with black and I love the texture of this fuzzy coat, these floral trousers are also always fun to use and pretty much always look good =)

Features And lastly for the features! The Polka Dot Red Dress has been popular with you guys too^ This first styling with it is from Mia1435, adding a cute vintage tough to the piece, the black corset belting and the adorable furry shoulder stole really change the vibe of this dress and highlight a versatility I hadn't seen before in it. The black works well and the gloves, hat and heels are a nice touch. Love the polka dot tights too, they're super cute^
And also with the Polka Dot Red Dress is Claudentia wearing it in a more classic way, totally ready for a glamorous evening^ The dress is styled alone with just accessories and it's super effective. The neckline has been lines with jewels and pearls and it really makes the piece next level, it's a great way to fill the neckline. The Dior bag is beautiful in a smaller size and I simply adore these heels, love that someone else is remembering them, they're spot on with this styling!
And lastly rob_sef7 using the Illesteva Bazter Sunglasses White - they may be small, but they really stood out to me in this styling which must count for something =) They look great against the red lip and are a great touch to the styling. I like them against the white trousers and the brown top is a perfect contrast and really helps the layering of the necklaces stand out^

No comments:

Post a Comment