f

Monday 4 February 2019

R U N W A Y | Release Review

We've had a brand new Runway release! It's the right time for it with all the fashion weeks happening and about to happen so we're all set to go for our front row seats =) It's always fun seeing what pieces Stardoll have picked, so lets dive in!
Highlights The store has 2 small floors, a total of 7 looks, with one of those for the guys - there's a pretty glamorous vibe to the pieces, with a focus away from everyday-type stylings. The store features a selection of designers or brands, but mostly ones we've had in the past.
Accessories There are 3 pairs of boots in this release, all inspired by Balmain. The Balmain Inspired Silver Booties and the Balmain Inspired Transparent Booties are pretty close in style, both have a perspex section over the foot, the Transparent Booties are ankle height, but then the Silver Booties extend up the leg with a silver metallic material. I wanted to like these boots, but I don't like the look of them on my doll, so I'm passing on these two - I do however like the Balmain Inspired Yellow Tip Boots, which I featured on this months Wearing post, these are much more more, they seem a little more versatile being all in black, and the yellow toe is such a stylish addition^ There are 2 bags in the release, the Balmain Inspired Clutch Bag which really is an over-shoulder pastel style, I'm gutted that I missed out on this because it looks amazing and the perfect piece for spring! Then there is also the Balmain Inspired Disco Bag which is a round boxed piece in black and white, I really like the shape of this one. There is also a belt, the Alexander Vauthier Inspired Satin Belt, and an earring, the Oversized Pearl Earring which sold out super fast, but I've really not seen many people styling.
Clothing The first floor of the store is really all about the dresses - there are 3, the Alexander Vauthier Inspired Blazer Dress which is a cool longline take on the usual blazer dresses, it's also much thicker in material and seems more blazer like than dress, then there is the Jimili Monochrome Silk Gown with a cream 'shirt' to the top half and then a black split ballgown skirt on the bottom and has some super cool belting too, and finally the Balmain Inspired Broken Glass Tunic, a mini sparkly piece in cream and sheer sections, it's definitely a little out there for styling, I can't see it having much versatility but I'm sure someone will be up to the challenge of it! I'm definitely more a fan of the second floor where there are some super amazing co-ord sets =) I love both of them, the Christian Siriano Inspired Leather Jacket and Pants, these are lavender leather ... I mean that is something so stand out! The Pants seem very versatile to me, the Jacket is a little more quirky and cool with a large collar and cropped length - I do love the sleeve style though. And then there is the Christian Siriano Inspired Polka Dot Blazer and Trousers, these are just the sweetest^ Such a feminine set, but stylish at the same time, the Blazer has a beautiful fit on the doll and the Trousers are classic with a high waist and wide leg, really love these items =)
Prices The release ranged from 35 to 113SD's which is very much within range of the previous releases. The store is a limited one, but no pieces are SS or Royalty only.

Styled Outfits Next my stylings! In the first look the Christian Siriano Polka Dot Trousers styled super minimally with a feminine flair with the frilled sleeves and cute pink bag and glasses - the trousers definitely have a pink hint to them so I think there's plenty of options down that route, while the black dots give space for the jacket and belt to fit too^ Secondly the Christian Siriano Inspired Polka Dot Blazer in an outfit that I really love! I'm all on board of this tucked style for blazers, this one works well with the black trousers fitting with the dots. I kept the dotted theme with the shoes, I love this combination for sure, I'll be pairing this blazer and shoes again in the future =) And lastly the Balmain Inspired Disco Bag which I really struggled with, completely love the look of it in store and sitting in my suite, but as soon as I tried it on my doll I couldn't get anything to work perfectly, this outfit stays simple and I do think it works but I'm not in love yet, so I need a little more time with this piece to make it work better for me!
Features So many great features to show you! First up Achrome wearing the Alexander Vauthier Inspired Blazer Dress, the accessories really make this piece, I love the additions to the pockets and the necklace in the neckline. The belting is a great fit for the piece and I love the black in the shoes and the hat, really adds to the look. Of course the long silky hairstyle is an excellent component to the styling =)
Next up a few stylings with the Balmain Inspired Yellow Tip Boots, firstly from Jesica_1998, going for all black with the clothing - these wider neck of the boots are perfect for the looser fit of the trousers, and I like the use of this cool body on top. The yellow really pops out and looks good against the pop of red in the belt bag^
And secondly in the Balmain Inspired Yellow Tip Boots, and also the Alexander Vauthier Inspired Shorts, is marta32222 looking very cool - I like the pairing of the Boots with the blazer, the flashes of colour are great together. The headband and veil look super sleek and I like the delicate jewellery in the V of the blazer !
Something super light now, Mia1435 wearing the Christian Siriano Inspired Polka Dot Blazer, also tucked but this time with a perfectly matched skirt, it's such a cute pairing^ It's kept very simple yet chic with minimal black accessories and a slicked back hairstyle, I really love it, less really can be more and it's perfect on this occasion =)
And now for all the lavender! Isabella8103 wears the Christian Siriano Inspired Leather Pants and keeps the lavender throughout the whole look. The fluffy top adds a lighter touch to the leather of the trousers. Love the perspex mules and the dinky silver shoulder bag, and of course the lavender fringed earrings and the glasses combination look amazing, I'd totally go for this! And love the metallic touch to the lip colour, super pretty!
The Christian Siriano Inspired Leather Jacket is also popular, with the next 3 looks featuring it. Firstly, --kayley adding it to a white base with extra plastic pieces, I love the feel of this with the sheen of the leather, the details added with the skirt and belt are really great and the black is continued nicely in the bag and also the shoes - I love the neon green too, I think it's a nice touch that really works out =)
Next up also in the Christian Siriano Inspired Leather Jacket is Fergaysson styling it with jeans to give a more casual touch. The glitter boots are such a great choice, they're totally what I would pick for this Jacket too^ I really love the bag in the look, the dark section perfect with the jeans and the ruffle detail great with the jacket. Also love the bling in the necklace^
And then finally rob_sef7 styling both the Christian Siriano Inspired Leather Jacket and Pants, looking very fashion forward! The white boots give a retro touch and the design of them is absolutely perfect with the trousers. I like the use of the black bag and glasses to give a darker touch to the outfit, again there's some neon green with the gloves, it works! It's fun to see the same touch added in 2 looks, definitely a trend to keep an eye on =D

No comments:

Post a Comment