f

Sunday 17 February 2019

B I Z O U | Release Review

I am so excited by this new release of Bizou, it feels like a very long time since we've had new pieces in this store and I usually find it easy to get some new fun items to add to my wardrobe. The advertising looks great, very current with the colours and vibe and shows a range of pieces on the models, it looks a good start!
Highlights The release is the usual size for Bizou, one floor with clothing and accessories. The pieces are pretty mixed in style, but follow some current trends and fit well with the winter to spring transition of seasons. I think it really does look pretty good, I'm excited for sure =)
Accessories This section will be a very short one, I really think the accessories let this release down, they're a pretty disappointing pairing for the great clothing.
Clothing The clothing is amazing, luckily, and so many pieces pop out - they've been well designed and well picked, with current designs and styles and a mix of pieces that should keep a lot of people happy. I'll start with dresses - there are 4 in quite the mix of styles, but all are midi length pieces. The Ruffle Midi Dress is a grey sheer piece with ruffling along the hem and detailed across the chest of the dress, it's also got short sleeves. I do think the sheer fabric will make it trickier to style, but I'm interested to see someone give it a go! Then there is the Puffed Jacquard Midi which is also grey, it has a few sheer panels, but these are manageable, the fabric has a floral detail, but overall the dress is lacking details to make it appealing to me, it's pretty minimal in terms of style. I absolutely love the final 2 dresses - firstly the Alexa Chung Inspired Stripe Dress which is a blue and white tiny striped piece in a beautiful design, it's one shouldered with long sleeves and a slight bustier design to the top of the dress, the midi length is perfect, the skirting is flattering and there is a frilled design to the hem. It fits the doll perfectly, and looks stunning on - the perfect spring/summer dress and I can't wait to wear it! And then there is the Yellow Polka Dot Dress which is a stunning slip dress in black with yellow dots, it fits the doll very nicely and is a perfect current style. It will layer really nicely for looks right now but will also be perfect in the spring and summer, I'm definitely excited for this! For bottomhalves there are quite a few to choose from, 2 skirts and 2 pairs of trousers. The skirts are both super cute, the Checked Skirt is perfect for winter stylings, it's got winter tones and will look great with tights or boots, it definitely fits into the popular Clueless style, and then there is the Flower Silk Skirt, a silk midi skirt, another style which is super popular, the fit is classic and it looks great on the doll, the floral print is pretty and I like the white and orange against the black base. Both pairs of trousers look pretty good too, but the stand out for sure are the Straight Leg Trousers in their beautiful muted yellow! A super minimal design, but done very well, they look amazing on the doll and are in a very trendy style, I absolutely adore these, and so do you guys it seems because I've seen so many outfits with them already^ There are a couple of tophalves I want to mention too, all based on black! The Silk Black Turtleneck is a total classic and wardrobe staple, it's a long sleeved polo with a great silk texture, a style that will never age and always be wearable. The Iris Apfel Inspired Sweatshirt has proven popular, the print on the front is fun, and the tucked design with rolled sleeves is a good one to style. And lastly the Flowery Silk Top - it's definitely competing for the spot of my favourite piece in this release, it's stunning and completely spot on for current trends and popular styles. I love the twist to the front with the V which is just the right depth, the print is beautiful too, the colours pop and I really think this piece stands out =D
Prices The release ranges from 12 to 22SD's, which are fair prices for the pieces. There are a couple of SC items, and nothing is limited to SS or Royalty members only.
Styled Outfits I decided to style up pieces that I haven't featured below, but these are pieces I really like anyway, it's a great collection overall =) First up the Silk Black Turtleneck and the Checked Skirt, a cute pairing together and I've styled up with matching tones. The black boots and the brown coat balance out the colours, but the skirt holds it's own with the grey colouring in the check design. The Fendi bag fits nicely with the overall vibe of the look, I think it makes a great winter outfit overall^ In the second look I've styled the Flowery Silk Top, which I'm super surprised that I've not seen anyone else wearing, it's stunning! For me I knew the trousers had to be red or white to match the flowers, these are a perfect choice and the red accessories pop beautifully, I love this piece so much and I'm absolutely stoked to have it in my wardrobe^ And finally the Flower Silk Skirt, again such a beautiful piece. I love having the black base for it, the flowers stand out well, love the slouched boots with the look, the skirt will do well in the rest of winter too with them^ The orange bag is a great colour fit with the flowers, and I can see many fun looks paired with these pieces =D
Features So many features to show you, everyone seems to be loving this release as much as I do! First up sena_1964 wearing the Iris Apfel Inspired Sweatshirt and making the casual piece look very dressed up. Love it with the black and white base of the trouser and the sheer polo, the rolled sleeves and print on the front really stand out^ The boots and bag are simple and fitting, while the beauty look pops, the red lip is perfect and I love the combination of the matte sunglasses and the perspex earrings!
Next up we have two stylings with the Straight Leg Trousers - this one is from millaxx styling them for the winter with a black base including the Silk Black Turtleneck. I love them with this shawl, the colours on the stripes are perfection with the trousers, absolutely spot on. The thick black belting is great with the shoes, shirt and the hat, that hat is so great with this styling, it really makes it look awesome =D
And secondly with the Straight Leg Trousers and taking a lighter approach is marta32222. This almost-matching mustard sweater works with the trousers very nicely, I'm also enjoying using slightly off colour pairings right now too. I like the belting and the bag plus earrings, the browns work very nicely with the yellow tones^
Also with a little yellow, in the form of the Yellow Polka Dot Dress, is this styling from Mia1435 =) The dress layers very nicely with this white shirt, and I think there will be plenty more options like this for it. I love the pairing with the layering of the socks and shoes too, with the black socks and white heels, a great contrasting match for the dress and shirt! The bag is a super cute addition with the studs too =)
And the final styling, from Claudentia featuring the Alexa Chung Inspired Stripe Dress and it's really been styled well. It looks like a classic piece and I love the additions made to it, the lace trim to the skirting is for sure the cutest thing ever^ The heels match this perfectly in colour and design. The tulle detailing on the white bag is fabulous and I love the belting design, it's fun and fitting, as are the pearl jewellery details!

1 comment: