f

Sunday 3 February 2019

T H E J E T S E T | Release Review

Super excited to have a brand new The Jet Set in the Plaza, it's always a pretty stylish release and going from the advertising it looks like a good mix of current styles. I like the fun colours and the filter used on the image =)
Highlights This is a pretty regular size for a release in this store, one floor pretty packed with outfits, which definitely feel a winter-sprint transition vibe. There's also 2 male looks included, with the darker one on the far right looking pretty awesome to me^
Accessories There is quite a small selection of accessories, maybe a little smaller than usual for this store, but I do think what's there is pretty good. There are two pairs of boots, the Red Leather Ankle Boots and the High White Leather Boots - both fit the doll really well and look pretty stylish, they'll stand out in a look for sure! I have a few pairs of red boots, so I'm gravitating towards this White pair, they look fab with the slouched design around the ankle which I raved about on this months Wearing post yesterday =) The release has just one bag, but I love it so much, the White Bucket Bag! These have been everywhere for the past year or so and I'm so glad my doll can now have one too. They're easy pieces to style and the white is a colour that definitely calls my name! There is no jewellery, but there is a nice belt, the JS Belt in a brown leather with JS in gold detailing on the buckle.
Clothing There are a few outerwear pieces with this release, the Faux Fur Jacket is a chunky fuzzy piece, I like the light colour with the darker leather trim it has, it looks pretty great and unlike pieces we've had before. Then there is the Boxy Blazer Red which is a checked piece with super square structure, I like the idea of this with skinny pieces on the legs and slim boots, that would look pretty cool, and lastly the Velvet Cord Trench Coat which is a super bold piece in pink with a longer length, so very much an overcoat piece. It's a stand out for sure, especially if you wear it with the matching trousers, the Velvet Cord Trousers which I'm a huge fan of, these are great trousers from the colour to the fit and overall design. The Wide Suit Trousers are also a great pair of trousers, they're white so automatically get my love, but they have a great loose fit, but are fitted well around the waist. They almost have a silky sheeny texture to them. The release has a couple of shirts too, firstly the Cotton Poplin Shirt which is in white with some cute delicate laser cut details on the sleeves and across the chest. While it is buttoned all the way up, it doesn't have a real collar as such, which is the one feature that puts me off. There is also the Flower Aloha Shirt, which has a collar, and a nice tucked detailing, but contrasts in the bold colour and design. I love the florals and the idea of the bright mix of colours, but I'm not quite brave enough to go for this one yet^ And lastly a sweater, an excellent sweater actually, the Ribbed Knit Sweater which is totally something I'd wear in RL! It's a chunky piece with a slight oversizing but the knit is a light one. I like the rolled style of one sleeve and it's also a tucked piece, which is perfect for me - the colour is quite autumnal, but it's something we've not had much of before and I'm already envisaging some great combinations with the brown outerwear pieces I have!
Prices This release ranged from 11 to 25SD's, with not many pieces over the 20-mark. Nothing is in SC with this release, and as it's an SS store, the pieces are limited to SS (and Royalty) members.
Styled Outfits Really loving these pieces so far! First up are the Faux Fur Jacket and Wide Suit Trousers a combination I love for smart-casual styling. I added more white with the shirt and then used darker accessories to highlight the trim on the jacket, I can see so many stylings with this jacket so I'm looking forward to wearing it through spring^ The trousers seem pretty versatile, so I know I will get the wear from them. In the second look I'm wearing the Velvet Cord Trousers and White Bucket Bag which are just adorable together - the white in the rest of the look lets the trousers pop - in this styling I resized them, and I think they look perfect, so this is a good option for them. Love the loose blouse and the off-matching of the blouse and blazer colours^ I know for sure these are pieces I will wear a lot!
Features You guys have been loving this release too, lots of stylings to feature =) First up a couple with the Ribbed Knit Sweater - this first one is Marina495 styling it up well with this green skirt, I love that colour pairing, it's beautiful! The collar added is also pretty good, really adds a different vibe to the sweater. The jacket and boots really give a down to earth street theme to the styling, the sweater looks fab^
Also wearing the Ribbed Knit Sweater is miss.privacy looking lovely in leopard print - I'm so glad this combination works, it's one I'll go for soon I think^ I love the contrast with the dark boots and then the fun with the orange bag, it really works nicely. The delicate jewellery is perfect and beautiful in this styling, definitely my favourite part =)
Then we have two looks with the Boxy Blazer Red - this first one is from AURA. and the blazer really pops in the styling with the light colours, I absolutely love the combination of the checks with the tiny polka dots on the frilled trousers, these look amazing! I'm really feeling like I'm missing out without these trousers^ The trainers and bag are a great contrasting pairing for the styling and I love the beauty look =D
And then also with the Boxy Blazer Red but in a totally different style, hankipankidoni =) The piece is layered up well with this leather red trench coat, I really like the pieces and also the addition of red in the socks, hat and bold lip colour - I don't think it's too much at all! The white shirt underneath and the lighter wash denim really keep the look casual and mix up the colour palate a little^
And the final feature, marta32222 wearing the Wide Suit Trousers looking very cool with this blazer tucked in, exactly how I love to wear blazers in this style too^ The trousers work well with the details on the blazer and then it's all about the accessories. These match the blazer well in their creamy colour I love the earrings and the bag in particular, they're such great choices and ones you really don't see everyday, a great combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment