f

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Drab

I don't know why I'm drawn to this colour. Objectively speaking it's dirty pink-ish grey, but I find it so soft and romantic...


I've not worn these trousers for ages, but I guess I'm on a wide leg kick. These ones have a similar problem to the wide leg jeans from my last post, in that they're super long, but these in particular are very, very high too. I was going to style them with a crop top, but I decided to try and fake a paper bag waist instead. Not sure how successful I was but hey, you can't be great at everything. 

It's often been said that being a good writer is being a good thief and I think I believe the same of fashion too - I've seen some great ideas lately and all I want to do is steal them! Providing you give credit where it's due and use what you learn strategically, you can't really go wrong. This lovely look by leiona_- reminded me of this polka dot blazer languishing in my closet and its layering potential. I've actually sized it down a bit so as not to compete with the oversized trousers and coat. The off white / dirty colour of it actually works with the grey-ish pink very well. 

I've finished off with some pure white accessories to brings out the piping details in the jacket (another recent Subcouture fav) and some simple, but oversized earrings to reflect the play of scale in the rest of the look. 

Not so drab after all...

Ingredients | You Will Need
Polka Dot Blouse | Callie's Picks
Draped Silk Pants | Voile
Wrapped Around Jacket | Subcouture
Saint Laurent Inspired Diamond Hoops Left & Right | Saint Laurent Paris Tribute
White Belt | Riviera
Gigi White Purse | Young Hollywood
MiuMiu Inspired Ankle Boots | Subcouture

No comments:

Post a Comment