f

Thursday 20 December 2018

E A R R I N G S 1 | Save Or Sell

This month's SAVE OR SELL post is here! And it's a 'part 1' one - I have so many earrings tucked in my wardrobe that I don't wear and need to make decisions on, so 'part 2' is coming to you in January =) These earrings are all quite themed on green tones, I seem to have a lot of them that I never make use of. Earrings are released in most stores, from the lower end of SC prices, through Tribute stores and Limited releases, there's always some to choose from and I always think they are 'easy' purchases, and I see many great looks featuring earrings yet I never do them justice myself!

P L E X I G L A S S E A R R I N G S
I've had these earrings for some time and very rarely think about wearing them - they manage to stand out well against this hair colour too, they pop nicely. I do like these looks, they're minimal and styles I would very happily wear again, but I don't think the earrings necessarily are essential to the stylings and the looks would be fine without them, so for me these will be a S E L L when they become available in the Bazaar (you can still get these ones in the Plaza HERE if you're interested^).

E M E R A L D S T O N E E A R R I N G S
These are a Balmain pair of earrings which I've had for 3 years and rarely worn! I love the idea of them, they're very glam with their draping and the sparkling, but that style of clothing isn't one I wear a lot. I tried to make these earrings work for my regular style with these outfits, and actually I think I've succeeded - I definitely love these looks, I think I just needed fresh clothing to work with these earrings, and the skirt and trousers have filled that void for me =) The colour also stands out nicely against the black and white top-halves in these looks. I definitely want to S A V E these and I think I'll make more of an effort to style these again!

T E A L G E O M E T R I C A L E A R R I N G S
And the final pair for this post, a more recent Callie's Picks purchase which were originally from the Dior Winter Tribute in 2011! I thought I'd get great use out of them because the colours are really nice, but once they were on the doll I've found a lack of inspiration beyond mint - which you can clearly see^ They do look good in these outfits, but I don't find them anything special, alike the first pair, the looks would be fine without the earrings. The different colours in the earrings are very pretty, and there are black joins in there, which gives a little more versatility, but I think these will have a better chance at being shown off if I S E L L these on to a different home.

No comments:

Post a Comment