f

Thursday 27 December 2018

W I N D O W S O N T H E W O R L D | Release Review

Another release that was a little while ago, a new Windows On The World! This one is themed on Portugal which I think is super fun and something different for the Plaza, which is why I always find these releases interesting. The advertising looks bright and pretty so I'm excited to see what this store holds for us =)
Highlights There are 2 floors in this release with 12 looks, a pretty large number I'd say! There's also a male look included in that number. As you will probably have assumed, the pieces are all from Portuguese designers. 
Accessories There aren't too many accessories, just shoes and bags available in this release. The Silver Platforms are a pretty standard silver shoe - if you don't have any already then these will maybe fill a hole in your wardrobe, but I have quite a few pairs and am happy with what I have. The Pink Fur Platforms are pretty sweet, we don't have anything like these and they're pretty fun. I think they'll work in a range of outfits and I think these will work across all seasons, definitely a piece to consider! There are 2 bags, identical apart from colour, the Three Clutch Bags and Three Clutch Bags Pink - the first being orange, silver and black, the second being pink, orange and silver. I really like the design of the pieces on the hoops, it looks cool and is unique for the Plaza. I can see these will work well re-sized and re-positioned as clutch bags, I think they should be reasonably popular =) 
Clothing The release has quite a bit of clothing in a range of styles and colours, I think there's a very nice selection in this one and I'm pleased with it =) When you first open the store it's the glamorous dresses and glitzy pieces that really stand out. The Chiffon Palm Dress is a bright pink piece, which looks super fun for the summer, and my eye is also drawn to the Chrystal Beaded Jumpsuit and Feather Cape, are these just not beautiful! They can definitely be described as something special, while I'm not sure how often you could wear something like this, they're definitely well-designed and great pieces in this release. I also really like the sequin-styled pieces, the Multicoloured Sweater with  deep V and a silver trim, and the Multicoloured Beaded Skirt with a silver waist band and a sheer trim on the midi-length hem - I love the Skirt a lot, it looks good on and I think will be perfect for winter stylings =) Something else that's a little special is the Carlos Gil Inspired Puff Jacket, it's a beautiful green velvet puffa jacket, which looks fantastic, a great street-style staple! The rest of the pieces are a little more minimal and less flashy, so maybe a little more wearable. The paired Luis Carvalho Inspired Transparent Shirt and Leather Skirt are a cute set. The Shirt has a looser fit, but the Skirt paired with it gives a more fitted shape. The other pieces I want to mention include the Long Sleeved Blue Shirt, which is super minimal with a great design. It's fitted but not tight, has a very nice collar shaping and extra long cuffs, a style which is loved by many. The colour is versatile and so easy to style, I hope many love this one as I do. And then lastly the Denim Jacket Dark Blue which is cropped and loose with a silver trim and an interesting collar shape - it's suited to a thick poloneck design, but with some creativity will work in other ways.
Prices The release ranges between 14 and 33SD's, which is fine and about the regular range for a store like this. Nothing is in SC's, and nothing is SS or Royalty limited.
Styled Outfits I don't think I've gone too crazy with my purchases, I'm happy with these 3 pieces and their stylings =) Firstly the Carlos Gil Inspired Puff Jacket which I've styled all out with the green! The trousers are a nice match with the jacket, I think they do work out together. I stuck with black shoes and bag to remain a little neutral, then these fun red Gucci glasses to finish it off^ Secondly the Long Sleeved Blue Shirt which I've styled smartly with a host of blue pieces, I think it's perfect in this styling with the trousers and blazer and the light blue accessories pop out with the shirt. And finally the Denim Jacket Dark Blue, which does seem more black than blue, and while the neckline might be problematic for some, with it being winter I'm happy to style it up with thick knitwear! The silver jeans work with the trim of the blazer and I loved adding some fun accessories like these glasses and the fuzzy boots =D
Features Next for the features! Firstly a couple with the Carlos Gil Inspired Puff Jacket, this one is from kikinha_25, styling up smartly with black pieces and pairing skirting with trousers, which looks great! I like the texture of the velvety jacket against the detailed lace of the skirting and the shiny leather of the boots - something simple but effective =)
Secondly also with the Carlos Gil Inspired Puff Jacket, Mh91 also pairs with trousers, but I love these as the geometric style of print has the perfect teal tone to match the jacket! The style is really kept wintery with the use of these leather boots, they look good against the texture of the jacket, and I also love the sunglasses, they're a cute finishing touch!
Then we have Andre1396 styling the Luis Carvalho Inspired Cape Belt which is a perfect colour-match for these trousers, a great way of making new pieces work with your current wardrobe^ I love it's billowing style with these fitted trousers and the pale blue shirt is a great fit too. The floral booties add a print of interest and I love the teal bag, super sweet use of this piece^
In the next styling millaxx makes use of the Long Sleeved Blue Shirt and is all set for winter! The blue is great with this suede grey of the skirt and the black leather of the jacket, it really pops and is highlighted in the look. The style also stands out with the long cuffs, collar and the loose tuck. I like this combination of black and blue, it totally works =)
And the final feature of the post, Lady_Lilly wearing the Luis Carvalho Inspired Transparent Shirt and the Pink Fur Platforms, which are just adorable! They look stunning with these sparkling tights, I just love that^ And they match with the belt bag perfectly, it looks great. The polka dot blazer is a sweet piece and the wide neckline lets the shirt stand out!

No comments:

Post a Comment