f

Wednesday 7 November 2018

2011 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

W I N T E R 2 0 1 1

During the summer I introduced the Tributes Revisited series, and now for winter I'm revisiting our holiday Tributes! These started in the winter of 2011, our first post, today, and are a pretty solid part of our winter season - there's always some good pieces in these releases =D There were 4 stores in this year, Chanel, Dior, DvF and Gucci - I think these gave us a good range of pieces for the Plaza and for different styles, but I would say I don't think they're seen around quite so much as other Tribute pieces. There were still some classic hits though, that can't be denied from this first winter season =D

C H A N E L

The Chanel Tribute is a classic and holds a good place in these releases, it was only natural for our first winter Tribute to be it^ It was quite a classic-Chanel release with some great recognisable styles and design elements. This one was also pretty monochrome, with mostly black and white pieces with only a couple of differently-coloured items included - I'm someone who doesn't mind this so much, as black or white items are easy to fit into many different styles so it does make this a pretty versatile release. The accessories were the pieces I loved the most, the shoes and bags have been in my wardrobe since the release^

D I O R
Our second release of the season was the Dior Holiday store - somewhat on an opposite style-scale to the Chanel, this was all about the colours, prints and a little craziness^ So it's not quite so much my thing, but I can't deny it was a good and memorable release. I definitely love some of the original designs of the pieces, but they're not necessarily things I would wear all the time. The overall look of the store makes it one that sticks in my mind! Again the accessories are pretty good, the shoes and jewellery are pieces you could make work in many different outfits and styles =D

G U C C I
And the final store I'll be featuring today, our first venture into Gucci - for sure one of my favourite brands to grace the Plaza, but at the time I wasn't so mad for this one, looking back I wish I'd bought more things because I'd totally wear them now, but isn't that always the case?!?! =D This was another one that was quite colourful, and definitely focused on winter-dressing with furry pieces, outerwear and boots - speaking of boots, these green ones are still a huge thing, I wish I had them^ The bags are also great, these are the pieces you still see worn all the time from this collection and I love that they've managed to hold their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment