f

Wednesday 12 December 2018

2015 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

W I N T E R 2 0 1 5
Time to look back at another set of Tributes - back to the winter of 2015! This season there were 4 releases, Balmain, Oscar De La Renta, Chanel and Saint Laurent - so a little mix of styles and designs while keeping some classic designers that we've had in the past. I definitely feel like these releases seem a lot more recent than 3 years ago! I don't think they're my favourite set of Tributes but there are some good pieces included that I've loved having =)

B A L M A I N
First up we got some more Balmain! There were quite a few very memorable pieces in this release, like the orange and emerald body, but I think a few of these have been 'lost' over the years with the turnover of members. There are some great basics in this release, like black tops and blouses and a great pair of black overknee boots, which have been well used by many members^ The release isn't the most everyday or easy to pair, which is why I think some pieces haven't had as much use in more recent times.

C H A N E L
Of course a Chanel release, and a definite good one at that! This had a lighter feel than the typical winter release, but there were some great layering pieces that have worked wonders for winter stylings^ This release had some great blouses, and along with the pretty bow heels, had great bags, a classic black Chanel bag is a perfect way to finish any outfit^ I also think these pieces were a great representation of their original RL counterparts, which is always a good thing in my mind. Definitely my favourite release of this Tribute season!

S A I N T L A U R E N T
And finally, the Saint Laurent release (although this can be found in your wardrobe or the Bazaar under Yves Saint Laurent as I discovered when compiling this post^)! This release has a more rock and roll vibe, but while it's not completely my style, I can always get on board with accessories - and that I did! This release had some great bags which I really liked re-discovering for these stylings, I definitely can't wait to wear them again! I don't see these pieces worn a lot around the site, so some rejuvenation could be good for them =)

And a feature - isabella8103 styling up the Mini Strapped Flower Dress in this sweet layered styling, all set for winter partying^ I love the ruffled hem added to it and I think it suits the layering with the pink very sweetly - the shoes and bags are perfect additions for the combination =D

No comments:

Post a Comment