f

Wednesday 31 October 2018

O C T O B E R 2018 | Hotbuys Review

This month sure went quickly! I have to say while I really quite liked the look of these Hotbuys when I first saw the collection, I didn't actually find myself loving them so much once they were released. I love the use of designer inspiration for the pieces, but this month maybe it wasn't so much for me - I do like a couple of the pieces though, so not a completely spend-free month for the HB's!!!

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S

Balenciaga Inspired Socks - I think it's been a while since we had some socks on the HB's, and most people generally like to wear socks, whether with trainers or heels, so I think these are a good addition - they're just not something for me! They do fit well and the design is nice and minimal, but I just don't wear socks on my doll really^ Original Future 12SD's
Fendi Inspired Skirt - This is a pretty cute miniskirt, I like the twist to the tartan style, using the pink tones and the sheeny texture, gotta love some stand out sheen! I like the contrasting waistband too. It fits the doll very nicely, and overall is a pretty good piece - it might be nice in the party season I'm thinking =) It Girls 22SD's
Fendi Inspired Oversized Jacket - I really quite liked the look of this blazer in the advertising, it looked a good size of oversized-ness and looked to be a versatile piece. The colour is really nice, as is the overall shape of the piece, however the fit on the doll is somewhat restricting - the collar and neckline is adjusted to work perfectly as it is styled in the advertising, so it looks too wide when worn with smaller items of clothing beneath. For me this put me off purchasing, which is a shame as it could be a cute piece to add to my wardrobe! Bizou 24SD's
Fendi Inspired Handbag - So this one is a definitely 'love' for me! What a cute handbag to add to my collection^ The burgundy brown tone of the main body of the bag is perfect for autumn, I also love the colour contrast with the bright blue, it really pops and stands out as an individual piece. The scalloping around the edge of the flap looks lovely, and I also love the furry handle too, such a great piece and worth the money too^ Bizou 24SD's
Prada Inspired Ankle Boots - These laced platform are really nicely designed, and I like how slim fitting they are on the foot. I also like the yellow detailing, it really pops^ However I'm not so much into platform shoes, or very high heels, so the style isn't so much for me - but I do think they look like good shoes =) It Girls 18SD's
Fendi Inspired Oversized Sweater - I loved the idea of this sweater, it's a nice street style piece and I also really like the colours, the Fendi logo and the overall design, however the shape is what puts me off. In the advertising, it looked like a solid piece, although it's a little disappointing when trying it on and the neck is really quite wide. These comments have been noted by many others as well, so I don't think this one is as popular as hoped =/ Fallen Angel 23SD's
Cat Eye Sunglasses - These are pretty cute - and also fit with the theme of the previous two pieces with their yellow lenses which I just love! We've had some yellow sunglasses before, but these have a distinctive shape to them and are in the popular small style, they just look really good on the doll =) They seem to be pretty versatile too and as an accessory, will work throughout all seasons^ It Girls 14SD's
Balmain Inspired Leather Boots - These boots! I love these boots^ They're very much an 'in' piece right now in terms of overall style. They're black, which is versatile and classic and easy to style in many looks. They have a nice minimal pointed toe and the thin heel is great. They have a super high height up the leg and have a great tight fit to the leg - which means they'll be an easy piece to wear under trousers. I'm excited about these =D RIO 23SD's
Balmain Inspired Sequin Mini Dress - A party piece for our penultimate HB this month, this dress is super fun! I love sequins and glitter, they sure make a piece stand out. This is a mini dress with long sleeves and the deep V is filled with a meshed section - which I didn't think would work when I first saw it, but once I saw it on the doll, I didn't mind it so much. I think the dress does look pretty good, the sparkle looks great, I'm just not convinced on how much I would wear it, what do you guys think?! Velvet Orchid 33SD's

YSL Inspired Box Bag - This was definitely one of the pieces I was excited about initially, it's such a cute and different piece! I like the chocolate brown colour, it's something we don't have a lot of in accessories so it's good to add to the collection, and of course I'm attracted to the gold detailing, I like the band around the top and the YSL logo. I also like the tassels, they're definitely super cute^ Bizou 26SD's

F E A T U R E S
First up for the features is Jacquemus wearing the Fendi Inspired Skirt which definitely stands out in the styling against the white shirt and boot combination. I love the sheen it has, it makes the look just seem a little something extra^ Love the earrings and red lip in the outfit as well =)
Second up we have Mia1435 making use of the Fendi Inspired Oversized Jacket and showing it can look good in outfits other than with the sweater as well^ Paired with this amazing pink dazzling skirt and the pink furry stole, the feminine tones in the jacket really stand out and it looks a little less grey. Some fab accessorising here too, and the makeup look!
And thirdly is frankieiz12 wearing the Cat Eye Sunglasses which have definitely grown more popular towards the end of the month =) The colour is fantastic against this dress, the black frame works well with it and the coloured lenses are really highlighted. The minimal styling works well to highlight what accessories are there in the look =D

S T Y L I N G S
And lastly my own stylings! I didn't end up buying as much this month as I thought I would - good for the SD balance I suppose^ Firstly the Balmain Inspired Leather Boots which are super high and work well when you want to wear a blazer as a dress like this one! The leather of the boots looks great, I like the slight give around the knees and ankles that it has, plus they're super tight fitting on the leg, so will work well under trousers too =) Secondly the Cat Eye Sunglasses which have been such a fun accessory to style, they work well with so many different pieces! Today I've gone all out on the yellow tones with this sweater and the bag, choosing black for the trousers and boots to balance for the frames and I really like how it works. And finally the Fendi Inspired Handbag, which I'm actually yet to see anyone else work with for stylings. I really like this one, and used the little blue details to choose my trousers. It did take a while for this look to come together, but I'm pleased with the outcome, love this pink coat with the browny-burgundy colour of the leather =D

No comments:

Post a Comment