f

Wednesday 17 October 2018

L E T R O U S E R S | Save or Sell

Making SAVE OR SELL a monthly segment, because apparently I have a lot of 'on the fence' pieces! This month I'm focussing on a few pairs of LE trousers that I've had for some time, since they were each released into the Plaza, and some of them I really have never worn! Then some have been in my sale room and I've never quite gotten around to giving them a price in the Bazaar, so styling them up to make my mind up on them once and for all =D

B L U S H P A N T S
I think by the fact that I've only styled one look with the Blush Pants makes it obvious that these are a S E L L piece - I just didn't get on with them at all! While I like the colour, the length is a little odd, it's quite cropped with a rolled hem, and really this outfit covers them quite a lot. While I think the colour looks good with this shirt, I don't love it enough to keep these on in my wardrobe.

P L E A T H E R F L O W E R S K I N N I E S
On the other hand, these trousers, the Pleather Flower Skinnies, have really surprised me and I'm glad to S A V E them! They've been sitting in my 'sale' room in my suite for such a long time and I've been hesitant to sell them, and I'm glad I didn't! These two looks came together very easily for me and I actually enjoyed styling the trousers =) I love them with both the white and the beige shirt and sweater, and I think they'll work out really nicely with little pops of colour and the floral design on the legs still manages to stand out. I like all of these accessories with them, they work well with the heels but also boots so I think they could make some really cute autumn and winter stylings - I'm kinda re-excited about this piece now!

L E A T H E R B E L T E D P A N T S & B A L M A I N I N S P I R E D P A T E N T L E A T H E R P A N T S
I decided to style both the Leather Belted Pants and the Balmain Inspired Patent Leather Pants in an image together because I've kinda always felt they're quite similar in style and 'did I really need both the pairs?' - after styling, the answer is yes! I do need both! They have different vibes to them, with the first a cool leather with blue and silver tones and the second much warmer with yellows and golds, which really motivated the pair of these stylings which I'm so pleased with! I'd put both of these looks on again in a flash. I love the slouched boots in the first styling, I think they look great wit the leather detailing on the trousers and they'll work with many more pieces other than this great half-tucked shirt. I'm also loving the bag in the second look with the trousers, the gold chain works well with the polka dots and I've used that in the shoes and earrings too, the knitwear really helps soften up the look too^ Definitely a S A V E!

P O R T O F I N O P A N T S
And the final piece for the post, the Portofino Pants which I really wanted to love, but just couldn't =( I love the idea of striped trousers/jeans I think, but I don't love the reality of styling them or having them on my doll! While I don't think there's anything wrong with either of the looks I've put together, I can't see myself wanting to wear them again. I think they look very good in black and white based looks with little pops of colour, and I do love them with both of these pairs of boots, but I've (finally) come to the conclusion that they're just not for me, and so I will S E L L them in my bazaar soon^

No comments:

Post a Comment