f

Saturday 14 July 2018

2011 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

S U M M E R 2 0 1 1
And now our second summer of Tributes, back 7 years ago to 2011 - this was a time before the Winter/Holiday Tributes so this was only our second batch and following the success of the first year I so think Stardoll were onto a winner with the so-called 'TRIBUTE SEASON'! In this year there were 6 releases: Yves Saint Laurent, Versus Versace, Alice+Olivia, Lanvin, Moschino and Givenchy. This gave a great range of styles and types of pieces to choose from, and I do think it covered the 'something for everyone' mantra - just not at the lowest of prices although likely cheaper compared to today's prices. Of course now, I regret not buying more pieces at the time, but isn't that always the case?! Luckily many of these pieces have been released again through Callie's Picks and we have the Bazaar to pick up pieces as well.

Y V E S S A I N T L A U R E N T
This was the first release of the year, and one of my favourites - I remember at the time feeling so overwhelmed by choice as I wanted so many pieces but didn't have the funds for that! I did buy quite a bit and have since bought others through the Bazaar. The theme is pretty classic, the cuts and design of the pieces are all quite smart - there's collars, blazers, longer skirts, but then again some great current trends like split leg and wrapped pieces. I think it still might be one of my favourite releases! And of course, I really loved the RL runway collection for this one too =D
These pieces are still super popular today, especially with bright colours being pretty on trend - Funopler looks great wearing both the Tangerine Tie Blouse and Sharp Harem Pants paired up with great blues. This outfit stands out, it catches attention immediately, and it looks good =D

V E R S U S V E R S A C E
All about the plaids and prints in this collection which I think is one of the reasons that it's such a memorable one! After this Tribute, a couple of the pieces definitely became hugely wanted among the Stardoll community - namely the blue and yellow Skyscraper Stripe Skirt and the sheer black Lone Ranger Shirt and I do think they still get a reasonable amount of popularity, I for one still love wearing them^ Plaid comes and goes in trend so some of these pieces are handy to have around =)

M O S C H I N O
And lastly the Moschino Tribute, winning the most colourful and fun release from this year^ The prints are funky and the pieces have good shape and design. There are some super lasting items in this release and this is one I'd love to have re-released in the Plaza! There's the perfect mix in this store or prints and minimal patterns so it definitely keeps all sides of my style pleased =) I really love the Runway collection that this one is based on, it's just so fun and puts a smile on my face^

No comments:

Post a Comment