f

Wednesday 11 October 2017

V I N Y L | Release Review

It's been a while since we've had a new release in VINYL - and this new floor fits right on in with the running theme. The homepage advert is fitting with the theme too and has a little of a hipster vibe, although it doesn't really give much away about the clothing in the release which could be an improvement.

Highlights So there was just one floor to this release, featuring 4 looks for girls and a look for guys which is a nice addition. As I said, it really does follow the previous theme of the store so I'd say this VINYL release is pretty spot on =) Also you can buy the cute decor shelving, I think that's awesome!
Accessories As expected with a small collection there aren't a huge amount of accessories but I do think there is a decent range for the number of pieces. There are two pairs of shoes, the Flora Platform Oxfords and then the previously released Faux Patent Strappy Sandals - the Oxfords style is a popular one, so these will go down well but I definitely prefer the Sandals, I think they're a shoe which suit my doll more and I think the straps and patent texture look really great ... even if I hadn't noticed them before =) There's one bag, the sweet 60s Inspired Floral Lock Handbag which I just love, it's such an adorable simple piece and the floral lock adds a great style to the classic shape. The Cordoy News Paper Cap has seemed pretty popular, that style of hat is quite 'in' right now, and then lastly are the Oversized Reading Glasses which are somewhat of a staple piece and will probably do reasonably well.
Clothing Again, small collection so not a huge number of pieces but a good range. There are 4 tops in two different designs with this release - the Cropped Wide Rib Turtleneck in Grey and Orange (although I see it more as a red) and then the Vintage Check and Denim Frill Shirts which are also in long sleeved styles with a loose collar and a cool peplum-frill style hem which I really like - I think these tops are pretty decent basics that could work in a lot of different styles =) There are also 3 pieces of outerwear which provide a really good selection of colours and styles, the cutesy Brocade Vintage Jacket, the comfy Loose Vintage Cardigan and then the ultra-cool Faux Leather Shearling Collared Jacket - I like these pieces and think they work well with the collection, for me the Leather is definitely the best option for my doll and the one I could see wearing the most. And lastly the bottoms, which has a focus on denim with the Vintage Loose Denim Overalls and the Levis Vintage Inspired Belted Denim. I did buy the Overalls, mostly because they were an SC piece, but I'm not sure how much wear I'd get out of either as they really do come up quite loose on the doll and the Levis are quite ripped for my preferences in jeans ... I do think a whole Levis Tribute store would be an amazing idea though, Stardoll get on it! And lastly there is the Brocade Belted Skirt to match the Jacket, I like the shape and fit of the skirt, but the pattern isn't one I can see myself getting much wear out of, so I think this one's a miss for me.
Prices The prices of the release are from 3-19SD's which is pretty decent and there are a good amount of pieces priced in SC's which is awesome and makes the store an easily accessible one.
Styled Outfits So I've ended up buying quite a few pieces from the store and have styled one already over at What I Wore On Stardoll, but here are two more looks featuring three of my favourite pieces. Firstly the Vintage Denim Frill Shirt - I really like this light tone of denim with white and love these straight leg ripped jeans with the shirt and also these boots. The dark coat definitely helps the light tone stand out and also makes the look feel a little more dressy than the casual style it is - I love it! And secondly the Cropped Wide Rib Turtleneck and 60s Inspired Floral Lock Handbag in quite an autumnal and current styling paired with this polka midi skirt - I think this piece works well with both the VINYL items and simple accessories of the shoes and jacket finished the look off. I really like both of these styles and I think they make good autumn looks =)

Feature And now the features! I was super impressed with how creative and cool people have been being with this release, it's inspiring =) First up millaxx wearing the Vintage Loose Denim Overalls looking pretty cool with all black pieces, I love the sweater, I think it's a great standout piece and the colour contrast against the denim looks really good. Love these boots with the Overalls too, they make a great autumn/winter pairing for them and it's a combination I can see a lot of people working really well with!

And next we have majowa_pani wearing the Levis Vintage Inspired Belted Denims and this look is totally selling the jeans to me! I love the look of them here and the high-waisted and belted style and I really don't think the rips seem too much, which I thought initially. Love the double-denim styling, they look great with the jacket as a wrap top, such a cool styling idea, especially with a casual hoodie underneath. Then those red details, how fabulous =D
And our final feature, pandaribbon of course! Aren't these such a cool set of stylings for the release?! What stands out for me is definitely the third styling, the Faux Leather Shearling Collared Jacket with the pastel pink and the neon yellow, it looks super cool especially with the longer sweater sleeves. And then also the final look with the Levis Vintage Inspired Belted Denims - they look great with the layered tops and also the socks layered under the velvet mules =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you for the feature! It feels amazing to see my outfit on the blog :D

    majowa_pani

    ReplyDelete