f

Saturday 8 September 2018

Gowning Around

This post has been an absolute nightmare to put together. Every Tribute Season, I get the same overwhelming sense of fatigue - I've bought so much stuff in the last couple of months that I can't even keep track of half of it and I somehow I hate it ALL. I've also been pretty sick the last couple of days so that has maybe put me in a bad mood. 

In the many looks I've tried today, I keep coming back to this Pearls dress, so clearly dossing around in my pjs wrapped in blankets and towels has made me hungry for some glamour. 


This is pretty low-key glamour to be honest. Supposedly this gown is Houndstooth print? But I think it kind of looks like a scaly glitter more than anything else. I've decided to style it with a headband today because I couldn't choose any earrings and this seemed like a decent substitute.

I've thrown a completely incongruous and utilitarian coat over the whole look because I love it when a glitzy gown gets under-cut by an over-coat. It's kind of like a Cinderella moment - who is this girl and where could she possibly be running off to in the middle of a gala hmm? She's got more exciting places to be of course...

I don't really know where I'm going with this. Pity me, I'm sick. 

Ingredients | You Will Need
Houndstooth Slip Dress | Pearls
Charcoal Streetstyle Overcoat | Strike a Pose
Bach Headband | Voile
Oversized Ivy Earring Right | Limited Edition
Florist Flower Twig 3 | 9to5
Fringed Beaded Purse | Inspired By Balmain Tribute
Nude Vinyl Heels | Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment