f

Sunday 5 August 2018

2013 / / T R I B U T E S R E V I S I T E D

S U M M E R 2 0 1 3
Our fourth summer of Tributes! There weren't quite so many releases this summer, just five, comprising of: Chanel; Giambattista Valli; Christian Louboutin; Frankie Morello; and Mark Fast. And I don't feel like they have been, overall, the best season of HBs. The latter two weren't great releases and have pretty much been forgotten about. The first three pull their weight though with some great pieces included!

C H A N E L
Chanel of course to start with. I remember this collection as being quite memorable - the lego style bags for one, and the fact that there were lots of people complaining about this one when it came out. Right now however, I'm quite liking the pearl designs and details and the pretty dresses, so looking back I'm quite happy with this one! Looking at the collection it was inspired by however, there were some stunning designs which were left out which I think a lot of people would maybe have liked instead. These pieces are pretty easy to get ahold of in the Bazaar, I searched with a 40SD limit and found a whole range of the pieces there =)
And a feature, because others are still wearing this collection too, Funopler going with the Tahitian Pearl Dress, which is great because it's minimal yet I feel like I still know it's Chanel! The styling is great, the shirt additions are perfect for the piece and I love the use of silver detailing throughout on the toe caps, earrings and as studs on the bag - that bag is a great choice for this look =)

G I A M B A T T I S T A V A L L I
I wasn't hugely fussed about this collection back in 2013 - the pieces are quite dressy, so not so much my thing, and the colours were a little odd for me. Fast forward to today, I still think a little like that but there are some fabulous individual pieces in this collection which I loved styling, and one piece, the Amethyst Valli Heels, which I even featured in this months WEARING post, these were a great new discovery from this store and I think I might try out some more of the shoes because of it^ Now considering the original designs, you need a little (or sometimes a lot) of imagination to see where pieces are coming from, it's not exactly spot on I'd say!

C H R I S T I A N L O U B O U T I N
Our very first Tribute store entirely dedicated to shoes and bags! And I really loved this one - and I still do! I still have an unbelievable amount of Christian Louboutin pieces in my wardrobe and I still love working with them =D I've even styled up several pairs of the shoes before not all too long ago and some of these are definite 'go-to' pieces in their own categories. This store had a super creative presentation and it definitely has stuck in my mind. There are so many great pieces in this store and hopefully this will show people how fab they were and that they are worth re-living 5 years later=)

No comments:

Post a Comment