f

Tuesday 7 August 2018

The Hills Are Alive...

...with the sound of my leather trousers squeaking because it's been very hot lately. 


I'm not going to lie, leather trousers have always scared me because there are few sensations worse than feeling the back of your knees sweat. That said, for these Balenciaga ones I am willing to suffer. (also it's virtual and there is literally no concept of seasons...)

I'm still working through all my purchases from this Tribute Season because I have bought so much, that I keep forgetting what I have in my wardrobe. I went for these trousers because a) they're rad and b) I thought they'd go really well with my Limited Edition green boots. Now I've taken the time to play around with them I've realised that the colours are indeed a perfect match with the boots, but the width of the trousers and boots together creates a leg that is exactly the same width top-to-bottom. You know, like an alpaca. So that idea was swiftly abandoned.

I wanted to play up to the design of the print and have the shoes dark and the top light, extending the ground and the sky, but every boot and shoe I own looked really clumpy and I caved to these super tall white platforms instead. A little incongruous with the army-surplus-style backpack, but if I've said it once, I've said it a million times, fashion is just a long succession of contrasting ideas to explore. 

And naturally, I had to finish it off with a little floral detail because I do it in almost every look and by this point, I don't know how to stop. 

Ingredients | You Will Need
Mountains Leather Pants | Inspired by Balenciaga Tribute
Off Shoulder Asymmetrical Shirt | Antidote
White Belt | Riviera
LE Straw Hat | Limited Edition
White Buckled Ski Belt | Apres Ski
Rough Green Backpack | Trails
Super High White Heels | Subcouture
Florist Flower Twig 2 | 9to5
Florist Flower Twig 3 | 9to5
Florist Daisy 1 | 9to5

1 comment: