f

Friday 10 August 2018

I N S P I R E D B Y O F F W H I T E | Tribute Review

A long week of reviews - this final one for the week is the Off-White review which I'm sure many of you have been waiting for as this brand has been a popular choice in Tribute suggestions, even though it's not entirely my thing^ This advertising however, is my thing, love the bright light greens and whites and the models look great in it!
Highlights The store is just a single floor release, mostly focused on the girls pieces but there are a couple of unique male looks available too. The interior works hugely in the favour of this collection, I think it looks amazing and I've loved styling my doll in it so far!
Accessories It's a small collection of accessories but appropriately sized for the release and just focussed on shoes and bags although there is one belt, the Classic Industrial Belt in bright pink! There are 4 pairs of shoes, 3 heeled and 1 pair of trainers - when I first looked at them on the app I was pretty excited by them, but not so much when I actually tried them on my doll. The Off White Inspired Scarf Mules were the one pair which did live up to expectation, these ankle booties are so cool! I like the patent shoe with the chiffon scarves tied around the ankle, it's something different and I think they look really good on the doll. I really liked the look of both the Off White Inspired Net Stilettos and the Off White Inspired Blue Stilettos, but I think I just don't like that you can see the toes of the foot through them ... I'm not sure, something about them just makes them not look quite right on my doll. The bags however, I do really like! There are 3, the Off White Inspired Sculpture Bag which is a white piece with a yellow strap and slung over the body high up, the Binder Clip Yellow Handbag which is the perfect yellow in a crossbody style, and then the Off White Inspired Mirror Handbag which took me forever to understand how to wear as I completely didn't see it in store for quite a few days and had no idea it was to tuck under the arm^
Clothing To me there's quite a divide with the clothing, the pink things and then the non-pink things! And the pink is pretty bright, there's nothing subtle about it, so it's not so much something I would normally go for, but I do think the Off White Inspired Trench Coat looks fairly decent^ I love the other coat available, the Off White Inspired Beige Trench which seems a great classic piece, the colour makes it versatile and the triangle-pattern makes it unique to other similar pieces we've had in the past - a thumbs up for that one! And I also very much like both of the dresses in the release - the Off White Inspired Checked Dress which is a one-shouldered piece in a houndstooth print but with a checked skirting insert which I think looks fantastic, it's also a midi length which is good, and the Off White Inspired Python Dress which is also a midi length and in a fantastic blue colour. This is also one-shouldered and has a pretty cool neckline, I like the half-and-half design of the dress, but it's not a piece I can see getting a lot of regular wear.
Prices This store ranges from 17 to 33SD's which is about right for a Tribute release - as usual with these, nothing SS or Royalty limited, you'll just only have this summer to make your purchases!
Styled Outfits This one wasn't so bad for the SD balance - but I still managed to buy quite a few pieces! First up the Off White Inspired Checked Dress which I layered up and have worn as a skirt, it has some versatility^ The style is pretty neutral so it will go with a range of pieces, this leather jacket is a pretty good fit and I love adding more checks with the shoes^ Secondly the Off White Inspired Scarf Mules which had to be worn with some blue - I've gone minimal and just added a bag, but I love this look, the silver trousers really pop and I think the boots stand out very nicely! And finally the Off White Inspired Sculpture Bag and Binder Clip Yellow Handbag paired together, I couldn't decide which to focus on and so it became both, but they work well together like this. These colourful trousers are great fun and with a black base I think both the bags pop out particularly well - these will layer well with outerwear in the winter, but embrace the yellow while it's summer =D
Features And the features - first up Carmenora wearing the Off White Inspired Beige Trench and Off White Inspired Mirror Handbag in this neutral beige based look - I really like it! I think all of the tones of beige work well together and each hold their own. The metallic bag looks great with the gloves, not an obvious choice but one that I think works very nicely =)
RiManiKordenty who has been styling up a storm this Tribute season comes to us with the Off White Inspired Cropped Top layered up with even more pink, I like the feminine style to the pieces as it really takes the piece away from the athletic-style-wear that it was designed as. It pairs well colour-wise with this blazer, and I like the white bag and sunglasses as they highlight the zipper on the Top^
And lastly wearing the Off White Inspired Python Dress is yasminscharm and looking great in it! The styling is super minimal, but I think that is all this dress needs. These metallic blue shoes are absolute perfection with the dress and I'm wishing I owned them^ I also like the silver necklace, it definitely adds a little interest to the neckline =)

T S L T O P P I C K S

No comments:

Post a Comment