f

Wednesday 31 July 2019

J U L Y 2019 | Hotbuys Review

Wow, we've gotten through another month of Hotbuys! This month was denim heavy with a western/cowboy vibe going on. While I have a love-hate relationship with denim, I do quite like a western style, I think it can look super cool and can be mixed with other styles - so coming into this month I was already focused on only the accessories, let's see how everything fared =D

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
Cowboy Hat - Starting off with a batch of accessories, a hat! It's a pretty cute piece, I like the trim detail with the western vibes, and I like that it's black. It definitely stands out, and we've not had something like this before. I also like how it looks on my doll, but given my track record of not wearing hats, I think I'll pass on this one - it is a little pricey for what it is, I think had it been 11 or 12SD, I would have bought it and given it a chance. Bizou 21SD's
Fendi Inspired Bag - This bag is adorable^ I really love the inclusion of this piece in this set of HB's even though it's really not with the theme! I love a box bag, and also the bamboo-style design that this one has. The straps are cool in a contrasting black, and of course the traditional Fendi logo print looks great - again we've not really had a piece similar to this, I'm looking forward to wearing it! It Girls 23SD's
Backless Boots - I liked these in the advertising, then when they were first released I wasn't so sure about them. However a couple of weeks later I decided to give them a chance and it was totally worth it! Black ankle booties can be pretty standard, but these are super cool with their backless design and strap around the heel, I love that! The western design is minimal, but looks great, and I love the slim squaring of the toe, that's what really sold me I think^ Fallen Angel 22SD's
Corset Dress - So I'm really not a fan of this dress. It's pretty cute if you like this sort of thing, but it's not my personal style and I know I wouldn't dress my doll in it. I've not seen anyone wear this either, so I think a few others feel the same. It's also quite pricey for a piece if you're not too sure about it. Velvet Orchid 25SD's
Gold Tone Necklace - However this next piece is super pretty, such a delicate gold necklace^ I love a layered necklace and I'm totally not creative enough to layer individual pieces, so this is perfect. While it is a little expensive for what it is, I know I wear a lot of gold accessories so it will get worn =) Pretty 'N Love 19SD's
Musubi Mini Tote - For me, this is the winner of this collection, what a fantastic bag! It's got all the Loewe vibes, naturally I love that. The size and colour are both great, but it's all about that detail on the strap. The knotted and design going in all different directions is cool, and it really makes the piece thanks out, I love it so much =D It Girls 23SD's
Colibri Pumps - On the other hand these shoes aren't so great - and really I only say that because they're almost identical to a Fendi Tribute pair from a few seasons ago, which were cheaper. They're much more a retro design rather than western, so I'm not sure they're a great fit with this collection, but I do like the neutral colours they are. Pretty 'N Love 23SD's
Corset Holly - Another piece of clothing that I'm not a fan of - it's just the denim aspect really. The white trim and sleeves are adorable, but for me would be perfect on another style of piece. The lace up front is also open, which is something else I don't like. Again, I haven't seen anyone style this piece yet. Velvet Orchid 25SD's
Gold Tone Sunglasses - Ok so these really perk up the collection a little, I love a pair of sunglasses, and I love gold tones, so these are perfect! I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else wear these yet, as I've already gotten them into quite a few stylings, they're just the dreamy sunglasses of the season^ Evil Panda 19SD's
Jeans Holly - So these aren't as bad as the other clothing pieces - I still won't buy them, but they're definitely better than the previous items^ What I like is the straight leg cut to the jean style, it looks great and is really something we've not had a lot of in the Plaza. I don't like the criss-cross strapping down the side, but that's nothing new. Velvet Orchid 26SD's

F E A T U R E S
First in the features, millaxx styling the Fendi Inspired Bag in such a Summery style. The pleated midi paired with the white collared shirt is a classic combination, and the accessories are really special additions to that. They work together well and I think the bag pops out perfectly in the look =)
And then secondly we have CHRlS wearing the Gold Tone Necklace, which really does manage to stand out in the outfit. I like the pairing of the deep toned shorts and bra, the addition of the blazer makes a more covered styling, which works for me and I think really frames the necklace well, which balances with the belting. Super current and really works for the classic jewellery style^

S T Y L I N G S
And now the Guest Writer stylings - each going for different pieces, and like me leaning towards the accessories of the release. First up AudreyHepburn. choosing the Fendi Inspired Bag - it's just looking so good with the brown tones, this darker pleated skirt works well too, and the light wicker really stands out. I love the delicate sleeves added in this look^ Next up Miloshki in a super light contrasting style, making use of the Musubi Mini Tote. This is really a look after my own heart - the tan belting and bag are a perfect pairing and really draw focus from the delicate white dress. The rest of the accessories are super thoughtful, love these mules and the almost-sheer necktie added =) And finally Vogue_veronica, going with the Backless Boots in another darker styling - I think this confirms these pieces aren't entirely Summer items, which means they'll be great all year round. Love the cropped length of the smart trousers, that's perfect for showing off the style. The injection of printing with the dress is so fun, it completely draws you to the style!
And finally for my stylings - I really liked working with these accessories, I'm pretty happy to have them in my wardrobe. First up the Backless Boots, which I've styled as Summery as I could manage with these shorts, and actually I love the outcome. I've balanced the boots with the belting and the sunglasses against the lighter toned shorts and the sheer shirt - some sort of utility-esque styling, which is super popular right now. I think these boots do have quite a few Summer options with dresses, it's just finding what works for you. Secondly the Musubi Mini Tote which I had so much fun with, plenty of options to choose from, but this time I went with yellow - it works so well with the tan! The belting just about matches, as do the shoes, while I've gone for neutral on the top half. It's a super simple styling, but an effective one. And finally with two pieces, the Gold Tone Sunglasses and the Gold Tone Necklace which work well together. I picked out a V neck, which is perfect to shape around the necklace. I kept the whole look neutral, and I love the tan colour of these trousers with the golden accessories, and then simple shoes to match the top - again something that's simple yet an effective styling =D

No comments:

Post a Comment