f

Friday 5 July 2019

A L L Y J A C K E T

I didn't really fall much for the ALLY Jacket from last Winter's VINYL release, and I think it was because the store mannequin isn't style so well for the piece. But then I spotted this feature from Aphasia recently and really decided I should give it a try! The looks have all pretty similar vibes and that's because I've barely ventured out of neutrals^
For the first styling, I loved adding these cream silk trousers, really a perfect natural pairing for the blazer, and the shoes are a perfect colour match. I added a little detail with the silk cami in the neckline, and kept a neutral bag - nothing too out there, but it's a look that works for the blazer. Secondly I tried something a little different, the checks do have a navy/blue hint to them, so I went with darker trousers to bring that aspect out which I think works. The neutral shoes provided a good balance for the colours - I don't think this will be everyone's cup of tea but I think it works for something a little different with this blazer. And finally styling it up as a dress - the length is that little bit longer, so it works well for this, particularly with the unbalanced hem-line. I love the shorter length with a tall boot and these provide the perfect neutral palate. I like the polo to fill the neckline. This bag was a surprise pick from my wardrobe but I'm so delighted with it, I love the texture paired with the blazer, it's something a little different but looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment