f

Friday 26 July 2019

D I T S Y D A Z E B L O U S E

Time for another Styled Outfits post, and after revisiting last Summers Anna Sui Tribute, I was inspired to use a piece from it that I don't think I've ever used and rarely seen worn by others, the Ditsy Daze Blouse.
I spent over an hour trying to put together looks, I'm getting why I don't see it worn because it's a tough piece despite being super pretty in a floral print! It's sheer, so that's one aspect to get around, and it's a very long piece, so won't work for all bottoms, and I found it generally looks best tucked it which eliminates some pairing options too. I did come up with these two looks, and I do like them, but I think I might sell this piece for someone else to try!
First up I wanted to try some denim for a casual styling, and I found this mix of darker denims to work best with the dark blue of the blouse - it's not something I'd wear a lot, but it's a cute look for a one-time thing. I picked out the red flowers from the shirt for the accessories which I think works nicely to highlight the print. For the second styling I added a white base under the shirt, and then white trousers for a lighter and smarter styling than the first. I really a look with white trousers, I think it instantly works out well =) Picked out blue for accessories because these shoes are a great colour match for the shirt! And this bag just fitted seamlessly - again I like this look, but it's not so much one I can see I'd come back to often.
So not all stylings work out, maybe this should have been in a SAVE OR SELL post, but it was worth giving this blouse a go anyway =D

1 comment: