f

Wednesday 17 July 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y V A L E N T I N O | Tribute Review

The next Tribute is here! And it's Valentino! We've had only one Valentino release before and that was back in the Winter of 2013, can you really believe it was that long ago?! So this is a refreshing release for the brand, and I love it^ The advertising looks super fun, it really highlights a range of offerings from the store =D
Highlights Ok so what a beautiful release! And in such a stunning setting, this interior is divine^ The collection seems to be about an average size, with 8 looks over 2 floors. There are super colourful looks and your eyes are really drawn all over the place to look^
Accessories This release has a pretty good mix of accessories with some super fun styles to choose from. There are 4 pairs of shoes which are split into 3 pairs of flats, the Valentino Inspired Sandals Burgundy which are a slider style of shoe with the Valentino-trend feathers on the heel in such a beautiful colour, and the Valentino Inspired Pink and Blue Sandals, which are identical apart from the feathered colours, but these are super fun styles to play with, and then 1 pair of heels, the Valentino Inspired Stiletto's, which are super glam with the thin heel in a bright fuchsia but with perspex straps. They're definitely fun designs to style in the summer and I know they will be lasting.
There are just 2 bags in the release, but I really like both of them. The Valentino Inspired Feather Bag is a tote style piece in tan, but with a unique feature of the feathers to make it stand out - it's for sure not an everyday bag, but I think it really looks like something special. The Valentino Inspired Feather Handbag is of similar style with feathers covering, but the size is perfect, it's the perfect small size for a handheld piece, and I love all the details of the straps hanging off, it's a great mix of brown and black colours for styling too^ And some extras too, I love the two belts in this release, the Valentino Inspired V Belt in tan with the classic V metal detail, and the Valentino Inspired Red Belt which is a perfect burgundy, both pieces I know I will get wear from. Then there are the Valentino Inspired Gold Earrings, these are the perfect addition to my collection, I love a gold detail in a look so I know these will work out well for me. The size is also good, it's quite big so they will definitely be seen in a look! And lastly the Valentino Inspired Big Hat, and it sure is big! While the size isn't so much my thing, I like that it's beeb kept to the original dimensions because I really think it makes it stand out for the uniqueness. The straw and feathered style looks great, it definitely needs a strong styling to be pulled off with the size though!
Clothing And now for the clothing, there are so many pieces to discuss^ First up dresses, these form the majority of the collection and there are 7 in total in such a great range of designs, themes and colours - hopefully something for everyone, but I for one love how colourful the pieces are. Of course the Valentino Inspired Multicolour Dress stands out, it has a glittery sheen to it and is in rainbow stripes, that's a lot to love^ It's not so much an everyday piece, but I love the long length, high neckline and cool blouson-style sleeves, I'm also super attracted to the green component, I can see some fab combinations based on that^ Also super colourful are two of the mini pieces, the Valentino Inspired Sequin Mini is such a fab sea blue piece with gold details all over, just insert the heart eyes here! It's fabulous and it really is covered in tiny details. Then there is also the Valentino Inspired Print Dress, which is actually not shown in the store, so go find it in the catalogue - the mix of colours doesn't sound like it would work, but when combined with the printing, it looks pretty funky. It reminds me of the Pucci style a little. And it has feathered sleeves, these make it a pretty fun retro design. The other mini pieces are more muted in colour, the Valentino Inspired Teal Dress is so pretty, all about the tulle layers and the glitter^ The frilled up collar is amazing for the piece, it's just so dreamy overall, really love it and so do you guys based on how many looks I've seen with it! And then also the Valentino Inspired Bow Dress, also very feminine on the colours and floral print. It's a strapless design and it's all about the sleeves and their bow shape, it looks super fun. And the final dress is something more minimal, the Valentino Inspired Red Dress, which is a pleated maxi piece with the perfect summer design of sleeveless and with a deep V neckline. I'm all for both the pleating and the beautiful burgundy colouring on this one =)
Following on very nicely with the pleats are the Valentino Inspired Midi Skirt and Valentino Inspired Puff Jumper, these look great separately or together, the colours are just super complementary to each other, and the shapes look great on the doll. And also for the bottomhalf, are the Valentino Inspired Sequin Trousers which are stunning! I'm sure some people won't be convinced by these by I just love them, it's those lilac sequins that do it for me^ The fit and overall shape is really nice with these, the leg has a nice wide-ness along with a cropped length which is always a winning combination, plus there's lilac, what's not to like?! And the final piece to mention is a tophalf item, the Valentino Inspired Feather Jumper which is such an elegant sweater-style piece. The design is sleek, and has a loose overall fit to it. Adore the feather trim details, they're fantastic and intricate!
Prices This release ranges from 16 to 40SD's, which is pretty average, although a couple of pieces at the higher end of the range. The collection is not limited to SS/Royalty only, but will be around for a limited time.
Styled Outfits I bought so much from this release, so maybe will put together a further post as these stylings only scrape the surface of my purchases^ First up the Valentino Inspired Multicolor Dress - I did try this out with some fun accessories but those ideas are for a different time, this time I went simple with black glasses and shoes and chose a fun bag. This pink is a great colour for the dress and the glitter design works well with the sheen of the dress fabric. Secondly the Valentino Inspired Sequin Trousers, which I've gone all out lilac for! This top is a great choice, and I'm glad I have a few more so I can repeat this style^ I went neutral on the bag and shoes which I think makes a good balance for all the purple. And finally the Valentino Inspired Puff Jumper, Valentino Inspired Red Belt, and the Valentino Inspired Sandals Burgundy - I packed a lot in, but these pieces are perfect together! I adore burgundy tones with pink and these trousers are the perfect smart pair for the pleating on the top, I love this combination so much^ Finished the look off with more pink in the bag and with the sunglasses combination, so much love for this look, I don't want to take it off!
Features And of course ending with some features! First up, Achrome styling the Valentino Inspired Teal Dress, or I should say dresses with this funky layered look^ The creativity is breathtaking in this styling, the one dress has been compiled well with the individual pieces to make a fun new piece, and it really sparkles with the mesh dress on top, and the use of the glitter tights, and silver accents with jewellery and shoes - I love it =D
A couple of stylings with the Valentino Inspired Feather Jumper are next, this first one is from GirlEwelina, choosing to offset the light feathered touch with the plastic skirting for contrast. It works well, and I like the casual touch of the trainers and socks. This bag is a perfect fit in colour for the piece, I love that combination a lot^
And secondly in the Valentino Inspired Feather Jumper is pilo7, choosing light matching pastel tones. The blue and pink are very sweet together and I love the loose fit to both pieces. The styling almost has a vintage vibe to it with the headband and necklace choices. Love the shoes too, adding to the glam vibe!
Turkiye is being very creative in this styling of the Valentino Inspired Bow Dress, wearing it up to the neck rather than as an off shoulder piece - this looks great too^ The jumpsuit is a great fit in both colour and style to work with the piece. The accessories are stunning, the lime green of the boots is a pop and balance against the floral printing, while the fringed sparkly earrings are super fun =)
And the final feature, MajkaStar1999 choosing the Valentino Inspired Big Hat which really looks stunning in this styling =) I particularly love it balanced with the dinky straw bag, they're a great fit and this styling is making me wonder if I should try the combination myself^ The white feathered shirt is a great style fit with the hat design, and I like the difference in the pop of denim in the look. Snakeprint shoes are also a pretty fun touch =D

No comments:

Post a Comment