f

Wednesday 10 July 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y C H A N E L | Tribute Review

Now it's time to review our first stand alone Tribute store this year - I'm so stoked that it's Chanel! We haven't had a Chanel release since the Winter season of 2016/2017 which is so long, I was really thinking I was ready for some new Chanel and here it is!
Highlights The store has 2 floors, featuring a total of 8 looks - it does seem quite small in comparison to some previous releases. The interior design is absolutely beautiful, completely breathtaking and it's a joy to have in the Plaza so we can enjoy it in our suites too^
Accessories The one fault I have with the collection is that the accessories are lacking for sure - no bags or jewellery at all in this collection which is disappointing. There are 3 pairs of shoes, and while they're not my favourite styles, I do like them. The Chanel Inspired Espadrilles are adorable, they're a backless style in a beige tone with a black trim - so versatile, and a perfect summer shoe! And when you zoom in, they have great detailing.
Then there are the paired Chanel Inspired Mules in both Blue and Red, which I've been seeing all over the place in RL stylings, and at first I wasn't so bothered about these, but now we've had them a few days, they're really growing on me! I like the perspex strap design with the 'CC' detailing, and I like the backless, mule heel design. I think they could be a piece that are really wanted in a couple of summers times, so I'll bite the bullet and buy them now^ The only other accessories are the Chanel Inspired Leather Gloves, which I'm not so into, and also the Chanel Inspired Belt Rose which is super pretty! Love the colour of this and the pearl detailing on the buckle, super delicate!
Clothing Next onto the clothing! I'm quite pleased with the range of pieces in the store, but I know the style isn't for everyone. There are a few co-ord sets in the release. First up the Chanel Inspired Lace Dress and Blazer, which has a lilac hue and adorable periwinkle blue lace detailing - I'm not so sure the Dress is my style, but I'm kinda on board with the Blazer. Then there is the Chanel Inspired Knit Top and Skirt, which are a sweet summertime set. I love the beige colour of these pieces, and I like the 'Chanel' wording across the two items, and I really love the sunglasses hanging on the belting, but I don't love that it's designed as a cropped piece and a lower slung skirt - there's not so much a way to wear them without the stomach on show. But I'll have a think and maybe will purchase in the 'Last Chance' time. And the final set is the Chanel Inspired Vest and Coulottes, which I'm a little on the fence about! Love the idea of the two, and love the shape of the pieces on my doll, but I think the colour detailing isn't coming across well when you view them on the doll and not zoomed in. And I think these might be a little tricky to style separately - but please prove me wrong and show me your stylings!
There are just a couple of other tweed pieces in the store, so a good balance of this fabric, the Chanel Inspired Blazer Dress which is so beautiful in a lilac tweed, I love it^ The design of this piece is great, love the pockets and the elbow-length sleeves and the adorable collar design. Also really love the Chanel Inspired Blazer Beige, this was the first piece I spotted in the release and completely fell for it immediately. I love wearing a lot of beige so this fits in perfectly, the tweed gives it a little edge over other blazers and I like the boxy fit it has - I'm definitely excited for this piece =) The Chanel Inspired Swimsuit is pretty cute with it's lilac printed design, but it's not something I would wear much. The final piece to discuss is the Cropped Chanel Inspired Shirt, which just seems completely great. I love a white shirt to start with and this one says 'Chanel' on the front, where could it go wrong?! I like the high neckline and the overall loose fit is pretty nice. I'd say this has been the most popular piece of the release so far - so many people have been styling this up!
Prices This release ranges from 15 to 35SD's, which isn't too bad for a Tribute. It's not limited to SS or Royalty only, and the only time limit is that it will be in the Plaza for around a month - Stardoll sometimes give us a 'Last Chance' warning (but not always) so you'll know when it's leaving.
Styled Outfits Had so much fun styling these pieces, the looks came together so quickly! First up pairing the Chanel Inspired Blazer Beige and Chanel Inspired Espadrilles together, and wearing them in something super minimal and summery. Adore these trousers paired with the blazer, the checks that pattern each piece really work together and I love all the beige. The white top works with the shoes and I like the little black touches in the accessories - more Chanel of course! Secondly the Chanel Inspired Blazer Dress which I just think is so adorable^ I paired it up with white pieces which I think is such a fun combination, especially loving the boots. Again with the additional Chanel in the bag choice, I think this one works well with the trim details on the piece. And finally the Cropped Chanel Inspired Shirt which really looks like a classic and easy piece to style. I went simple with black, which makes the details stand out, and continued with black in the accessories - unintentionally I chose another Chanel bag! This one has so many options and will be great across the Summer =)
Features And now for the features, there's a lot, you guys have been loving this release. First up is anaritamiranda wearing the Chanel Inspired Swimsuit as a top, it definitely works well like this! The colours in the print are perfect with these lilac culottes, the pieces are a great style fit, and I love the red added with the belt bag, a perfect balance. The trainers and socks add a casual street touch to the look, it's fab^
Next up is hip.hop.2000 styling the Chanel Inspired Lace Dress which just looks darling =D The layering on the white shirt is a nice idea, and it really helps highlight the design of the lace, definitely a style combination we will see more of. The white is continued well in the shoes and I like the balance in the accessories with the blue headband and the neutral bag =)
Onto a darker styling, auspicious wears both the Chanel Inspired Vest and Coulottes. These pieces look great with the darker tones to the look, and the tweed really pops against the furry black coat, it looks fantastic^ Love the black boots and the golden accessories, I think the gold looks particularly good with the pieces!
Contrasting, Jacquemus styles a light look with the Chanel Inspired Blazer Dress. I adore the additions to this piece! The white trim along the hem and pockets works well with the socks, shoes and the tulle scarf, while the blue and lilac trim on the sleeves both fit in and stand out, totally in love with this whole look =D
And then MissDark1990 is wearing the Chanel Inspired Blazer Beige in such a smart and elegant styling. I love the pairing of it with this Chanel skirt, it's an unlikely fit but I think it looks great, as does this neutral top. The shoes stand out well, I love them with the piece, and I also like the glitz in this sparkly Chanel bag =)
And now for a whole lot of stylings with the Cropped Chanel Inspired Shirt! First up we have Majkastar1999 going for a mixed styling, combining glamour and casual, I love the look of these long jewelled earrings with the shirt, paired with the clutch they look fab. The bottom half of the look is more casual with a cargo style trouser, it makes for something super fresh^
Next up with the Cropped Chanel Inspired Shirt is LeGodja styling it up in a classic way, it's completely up my street! It's perfect with these high waisted slim trousers, and again loving it with the long jewelled earrings. The split in the trousers is perfect to show off shoes - the overall accessories choice is pretty awesome =)
And finally RiManiKordenty in the Cropped Chanel Inspired Shirt, choosing something super fun with a print. The shirt looks great with a skirt too, the leopard print being a natural current trendy choice^ I love the white accessories, these booties are perfect, and the golden belt and detailing in the bag add a glam vibe to the styling!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the styling by MissDark1990. Beautiful color combination.

    ReplyDelete