f

Sunday 7 July 2019

M U S E U M M I L E J P G T R I B U T E | Tribute Review

Tribute season is here! Alike last year we are starting off with the Museum Mile and a Jean Paul Gautier (JPG) Tribute - not one of my favourites, but I'm sure the designs are pretty memorable to most people. Let's see how the store is looking!
Highlights The store has just one floor, but it's pretty full with 7 looks for the girls and 1 for the guys. There's a real mix of styles included, but really everything is recognisable as JPG, which I really like - sure there are some quirky pieces, but there is a great range available in the collection.
Accessories There are a number of pairs of shoes in this release, they're all quite individual and are definitely show-stopper pieces. The Frill Boots and Frill Boots Black are pretty cool with their tulle design on the top. The body of the boots is very nice, but I think they might be quite tricky to style and fit in with a wide range of pieces given the frill shape. The Blue PVC Shoes and PVC Satin Shoes are both strapped pieces with a copper-style base - they're nice, but just not pieces I would wear myself due to the chunky nature of the strap design. And lastly the Shiny Red Shoes, likely the most wearable piece, these have a nice stiletto heel and a lightly pointed toe, I like the black and red ombre style colouring to these^ There is just one bag, the Snake Skin Flower Bag, it's pretty nice, but I think it's not too stand out.
Clothing The clothing offerings are definitely much better than the accessories - so much to choose from, and I think maybe a little something for a lot of different people. There are a lot of different colours, but the iconic blue and white stripe combination holds the focal point with the Marine Frill Top and Stripe Top, I really quite like the tulle, I think it will definitely make some fun summer stylings with a little creativity. These looks also use the Blue Stripe Trousers and Stripe Trousers White, which are definitely some of the most wearable and versatile pieces in the release, being in black and white, with a pretty good general trouser design. Rounding off these looks is the Strong Shoulder Jacket, this looks a great piece, the blazer/dress style is still going strong and this is a great contender^ The shoulders have a little point, and I really like the deep V neckline on this occasion.
And then there are some cool coloured pieces to choose from in the rest of the store. The Spike Shoulder Top really stands out to me being in a great coral colour, it's one that I love to wear and we don't get a lot of - the shoulder spikes are pretty big, so it will add a challenging element to styling for sure! The Snake Skin Dress really stands out, it's a much darker piece than the others which makes it pop. The print is very nice and I like it in the red rather than something natural, and the shirt-dress style will make it easy to wear. A second very nice dress is the Paris Dress which has a pink/nude sparkly base and is designed with the city of Paris in mind - it's such a fun piece^ It won't be for everyone as it definitely needs a little thought for the styling, but I think it could make some unique outfits. For something slightly more wearable there is a denim choice, I really like the pairing of the Jeans Shirt Jacket and the Jeans Skirt - the Skirt definitely is eye catching with the cool fringed design all over, a fun summer piece for sure =)
Prices This release ranges from 14 to 31SD's, which is fairly average for a Tribute release. The pieces are not SS or Royalty limited which is great, and if it's like last years MM Tribute release, it will stick around in the Plaza for quite some time (you can still buy the Givenchy if you like^).
Styled Outfits So far I've just bought one piece, the Blue Stripe Trousers, and I really couldn't have been more 'typical me' with all these blue additions to them in my two looks! In the first styling I went for all black clothing, a little wintery, but I managed not to style a coat or jacket on top! I have so many accessories in this shade of blue, so I tried to pick out pieces I've not worn in a while - the style of this bag I really like with that of the trousers. And of course blue heels to balance the colour. In the second styling, I picked out this blue top which I haven't worn in quite some time, it definitely brings a more dressy vibe to the trousers but I really like it. And I kept with that theme in the black accessories. I found these trousers pretty easy to style so I think they will work out well in my wardrobe =D
Features And some great features to share with you now! First up CodeKunst wearing the Belted Shorts and looking super cute for dressed up summer^ The colour of these shorts is perfection with this floral top, I really love that! The blazer colour is a fab tone too, and the style really makes the outfit seem more formal, as do the silver accessories =)
Next up we have Marta-43 styling the Strong Shoulder Jacket as a dress. The leather boots really pull you in with the shine, and I love that the shine element is continued with the sparkly bra piece and also with all of the earrings, they're perfect with the gold buttons on the piece^ The belting is great, the bag works perfectly as a finishing touch!
And the final feature, millaxx wearing the Jeans Skirt in a perfect light summer styling - exactly how I would wear it with a white shirt^ The neat fit of this one means the waist is really accentuated and I love that the blue really stands out well with the white. The other pieces are very minimal so the design of the skirt really steals the show =D

No comments:

Post a Comment