f

Monday 15 July 2019

L I M I T E D E D I T I O N | Release Review

A little of a surprise with this LE release to end our first week of July, but a very pleasant one! I adore this advertising, the pink and purple hue is super eye catching, and while the models don't show too much off about the collection, I like their natural look =)
Highlights The release has 2 floors, with 7 looks for the girls and 3 for the guys, which is pretty balanced for a Stardoll release. Generally there is a more neutral and natural vibe about the pieces, with lots of calm tones and current designers and trends being featured.
Accessories We are lacking a little jewellery in this release, but otherwise a very nice mix of accessories. There are 3 pairs of shoes on offer, I really love these styles - the Strappy Sandals and Blue Strappy Sandals are fairly similar, but the White pair are more of a mule style with a super cool heel detailing. The Blue pair have such a beautiful colour too. And then there are the White Boots which make a great summer boot option, I love the squaring on the toe and the V cut in the ankle, definitely a unique design feature that makes them stand out! In terms of bags there are just 2, but the Crossover Bag comes in both a Female and Male version, which is a good idea, but I think each could easily be resized/reshaped to work for the other, so maybe wasn't so much a necessity. I do adore the Hat Bag - I did my first look on the app, so it was hard to judge how this one might work out, it's definitely something a little different, but I really think it's a cute piece! I like the belting design for the strap, and it's a straw design, which should be easy enough to work for any Spring/Summer season^ There are a few extras available, but not much in terms of jewellery - I think the Chain Bag kinda fits in this category, I love the yellow bag itself, but for my style ideas, I wouldn't want it like this as a necklace piece, so I'll pass this time, but I've seen a few cool looks with it already. I really like the Two Belts, it's black for a start, so will easily work with many pieces and styles, and I like the double belted design with the super long ends, I think it's something that will stand out well in stylings.
Clothing The clothing really yells 'JACQUEMUS' with, most of the pieces being inspired from the recent collections of this brand, I don't mind this at all, I think they have some super nice pieces, and overall I really like the selection of clothing items that are included in this store. There are 3 dresses in the release, and I like the focus on the midi style - the Green Puff Dress is a darker piece with puffed sleeves and a cool cutout belted design, that is a fun feature, but overall it's a wear-alone piece and might be trickier to layer up, then there is the Puff Sleeve Dress in such a pretty white and floral design, it's just beautiful^ The sleeves are stunning, the not-too-low V neckline is perfect and super flattering, and it's a button-up with the sweetest button detailing up the front, it really looks amazing on the doll. The final dress is a mini piece, the Yellow Shirt Mini, which I think is a pretty iconic design, while the length is short, the fun structure to the sleeves really balances this very nicely, and I think it's pretty wearable as a piece. I love it on the doll, the shape is great, and for my doll the colour is super flattering with her skin tone and hair colouring, I really love this one!
There are fab trousers in this release too, I completely fell for the Checked Trousers immediately - the culotte style is still going strong, as is the neutral colour palette, they look great on^ For a bright choice there are the Red Jeans Trousers which are in the mom jeans fit. The bold colour makes them stand out from other jeans, and the overall fit is very nice to these. Or super minimal are the High Waist Trousers in bright white, I like the belting and the slim fit to these. The shirts really stood out to me, particularly the Pelle Shirt which is a beautiful white piece - I know, I definitely do not need another white shirt, but the design on this is so great! The sleeves are a little blouson styled, with a larger slim cuff, and the hemming is cropped to a nice height on the waist, plus the design on the front makes it a distinctive piece, I know I'll use it for sure^ I was also very attracted to the Cropped Silk Blouse. I don't generally like a lot of cropped styles, and this one is pretty cropped, but I love the neutral colouring, the gentle printing along with the general blouson volume to the whole piece - I've not seen many people style this one yet, and I'm excited to be challenged by this piece =) And lastly a little outerwear, of course the Pink Blazer! I'm in love with this item^ The colour of course makes it stand out, but the shape is also awesome, there's a boxiness to the fit and a strength in the shoulders, but it's not too oversized, which really is what works for me - so delighted to have this piece and style it up!
Prices This collection ranged between 29 and 91SD's, which I don't think is too bad, most pieces are well placed in the middle of this range. And actually, the top end of the scale is much less than it has been in the last collections recently, almost by half actually^ As this is LE, it is limited to SS and Royalty members, and also by number of pieces of each.
Features And now for the fab features^ First up Achrome styling the Puff Sleeve Dress, which looks fantastic with all of the sparkling silver jewelled additions to it. Love the earrings and the additions at the chest. The sparkly tights and the silver sandals are great features included =)
Next up a couple of stylings with the Checked Trousers, and first up we have Elrry, who also wears the Hat Bag - these pieces are great together! I love this vintage styled blouse, I think it works very well with the trousers. The brown hat and bag are super cute, definitely a perfect match for the outfit, and those boots are perfect - it reminds me I should wear them!
Secondly with the Checked Trousers is Jacquemus, also styling the Strappy Sandals in the look. The white is a perfect summer choice for these trousers, and it really lightens the tone of them showing off their versatility. I also love the addition of white trim along the hem, it's such a great idea and looks amazing^
And the final styling with the Checked Trousers is from Marta32222 choosing to add more beige - this combination with the overcoat looks fab! It almost makes me regret not getting it^ I like the contrast with the black top and the belting and bag, the combination really works. Also loving the shoes, a platform seems great with this piece =)
And something super bold for the final feature, RiManiKordenty styling up the Pink Blazer and the Pink Throw On Jacket cooly together - I'm someone who loves the contrast of pinks and reds, so this works out very nicely for my taste! I love the use of the gown, the colour is completely perfect with the blazer and the shape adds so many points of interest, which have been detailed well with the red accessories, great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment