f

Monday 8 January 2018

Y O U N G H O L L Y W O O D | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

Friday brought us a new mini-collection of Young Hollywood to the StarPlaza! It was a small collection with just a couple of pieces so not so much to review, but plenty to style^ Skirting was the focus in this release and it's clear that one skirt in particular has everyone impressed, the Ralph And Russo Inspired Frill Skirt! This is a beautiful pale blue skirt with a flattering fit on the doll and some great silver detailing along with ruffles, I really love it and some of you guys did too! This first feature is from Marta-43, wearing the skirt in a stylish smart way with this blue pinstripe shirt. I love the feminine style added with the ruffle bustier style vest ontop, the layering looks good and this piece makes good way for the black accessories added. 
And then -Lady_Sweet- also wears the skirt, but pairs it minimally with it's partner, the Ralph And Russo Inspired Frill Blouse. It was the cool use of the checked socks that caught my eye, an unusual style choice, but one that definitely works and hey, it's individual and makes you stop and look^ I like the clear shoe choice and also the beret, these are natural accessories for the skirt and blouse pairing!
And lastly my stylings! So I also bought the Ralph And Russo Inspired Frill Skirt, which I've styled first - taking advantage of the silver detailing in choosing my top, I absolutely love this pairing I think the shirt is perfect for me^ Super minimal continuing with the silver accessories because this shirt does all the work! I then also bought the Kaia Inspired Silver Pumps, which look amazing with the Skirt, but I wore them on their own for this look. They're perfect with this jacket, which is previous Young Hollywood. I kept on the silver theme, playing with the pearls being silver and I really like the dark denim in the whole look. While these shoes are a great dressy piece, I do think they look great in this more casual set-up =) And lastly the Brandon Maxwell Inspired Fuzzy Sweater, which I love the idea of, but wish the neckline was a little less slouched and more structured around the neck. Anyway, I bought it regardless and it was an easy one to style. It definitely doesn't come across as obviously a limited piece, but I think it's a versatile one to work with - I stayed on the same neutral colour scheme for the whole look and I really like this styling, and it actually ends up quite a dressy piece. The colour makes it versatile and I think it will do well in the long term, it just probably could have been a cheaper versatile sweater^

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete