f

Monday 19 August 2019

L E C L O T H I N G | Save Or Sell

Back to the little LE clear out, following on from accessories last month, here are some clothing items! These pieces are ones I've been hanging onto for some time, in hopes that one day I might suddenly have a 'ping' of inspiration and come up with the perfect styling for them ... yeah that day hasn't quite come around yet. There may be a few more pieces to come in this theme, but I think soon there will be a little special set of LE posts that I have up my sleeve^

R O S E R O P E D E N I M T O P & F E N D I I N S P I R E D S T R I P E D B L O U S E
The first piece is the Rose Rope Denim Top from the April 2014 collection (I mean that's really a long time ago now =O), which for sure isn't one of my favourites, but I think I was buying one of the better pieces from a not so great bunch. I did style it up in 2 looks back then too, and actually I prefer those to this look I've put together, haha! It's a sweet piece, I love the off-shoulder style and the very sweet rose print, but in terms of wearing, I think my style has changed since buying it and it's not really something I'd reach for now, hence the not having worn it in a while thing^ Next the Fendi Inspired Striped Blouse which came out in the summer of 2017, I really like the sleeve design and I like the delicate flower printing. I know exactly what I've found tricky about styling it - the shape. It's got a longer length and the fit is more loose, which makes it challenging to tuck, as are the sleeves. The colours are not so easy to match either - these trousers actually make a pretty good pairing, but it took a while to get there with them. I do love these neutral accessories though. I think I've styled this once since buying it, and I've never seen anyone else wear it either. Both of these pieces are a S E L L this time. 

L E B U R B E R R Y L A Y E R E D C O C K T A I L D R E S S & P A T C H W O R K D R E S S
Now onto two dresses. The first is the LE Burberry Layered Cocktail Dress which was released in November 2016 and is such a classy elegant piece^ I love that aspect to it, but it does provide the main reason I don't buy pieces like this - I really don't wear them often enough to justify the cost! I bought this one when in the Plaza at the time of release, and it was 119SD's which is a lot for something I might have worn 3 times in as many years. I love the lace trimmings on it, and the golden hue, I think it really does work well on my doll, but I've not been able to ever come up with some cool way to wear it (in my original styling, it was pretty similar to this one^) I do think these shoes are the perfect match for it though! And secondly the Patchwork Dress released in March 2017, it's such a fun piece with the colours and funky wave design. The only time I've styled it though was for the release and it's really slipped from my mind very easily, which I think is down to it being a very mini length, one I really don't choose often, and the shirt-dress style which isn't one of my favourites. This also cost 117SD, which is steep for the 2 wears it's now had. It's a super cute piece, and I think the right person will love it, but that's just not me! Right now, both of these pieces are for S E L L I N G, but I might be having a few doubts on the first piece^

No comments:

Post a Comment