f

Sunday 1 November 2020

Round 2 | W E A R D E M J E W E L S C H A L L E N G E # 21

I mentioned in post #20 of the Wear Dem Jewels Challenge about looking again at the jewellery from the MS.TQ store and so today I'm styling up my newest purchase from there (although it's not new to the Plaza by any means), the Rose Kate Earring - these are very classic earrings, they have such an old-time glamorous look to them and really are just stunning! For the makeup I of course chose burgundy and brown shades which are fitting with the colour of the earrings, but instead of a shadow focus I switched it up to a liner focus having a bit of a flick there with the different eyeliner colours. I think it's pretty attractive and stands out^ With the style of the earrings I knew I had to go all out for the looks, this isn't a jewellery piece for a casual styling, it needs pizazz! Ok, so I don't think I was 100% successful in putting together the looks I had in mind, but I'm heading in the right direction - I need some help from pizazz-styling-queens for sure =D The first look I think is my most successful and my favourite of the two, I really love it so much! This dress is such a glamorous piece with the shaping and the draping, and it's a piece I really never see worn, including on myself. It's in my favourite Autumnal colour and actually it's a great fit for colour and vibe with the earrings. I kept on the same colour scheme for the shoes and bag, it was super tricky finding pieces to fit the colour, I spent at least 30 minutes choosing between pieces but I'm so pleased with the final choices^ The neckline of this dress makes adding a necklace difficult, but I felt like it needed something 'more' so I reshaped this gold jewelled choker into a brooch style piece to add onto the dress and I love it - that's about as creative as I get, but I think it works out really well for the styling! The second look I really wanted to work out, but it's not quite there - I love this dress with the earring, it has so many elements and different colours to it that all look good with the earring colour, but I found accessorising the pair of them quite a challenge. In the end I added a black base to tie in with the bow and line details on the dress, which I do think makes it a good look for Winter but it maybe too dark for the earring. The burgundy bag and the sunglasses are super cute though and I love them with both the dress and earring, but again I think the black maybe overwhelms them. I need tips - what would you guys do differently with this second look?! Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment