f

Wednesday 11 November 2020

H O T B U Y S R E V I S I T E D | November 2014

Stepping back six years to the November 2014 Hotbuys today - who remembers these ones? I do, but mostly because of the Hedi Black Vest which I really wore obsessively for several years! I've moved on from that piece now as I think you'll have seen^ I really like the colour and style contrast between the two looks of the collection, they really give me such fresh vibes about the HBs which are often lacking. They give a little something for a wider range of styles and preferences. I'm kind of wishing for the whole light look, I think it's pretty cute even now =) Anyway, I do still have one piece from the collection that I think I've maybe styled only once or twice, the Glitter Bag:
I initially struggled with styling a look for this bag, but once I really dug around in my wardrobe and got one idea, it became really easy - in the end there were 4 looks which I then picked my favourite two from and it's a bit of a pink+burgundy party^ The colour of the bag is pretty unique, it's more of a raspberry tone which is a colour I'm lacking in my wardrobe for sure, but it looks great with a range of pink tones and also burgundy. The glitter to it really makes it a party piece, so it doesn't quite work with some more casual clothing, but I think I've come out with two great looks for it! This shimmering skirt in the first look is a great option and also has a fun party vibe to it, and I loved how these boots turned out, I originally wanted a more delicate heel, but I think these look just as good and also provide a good balance with the burgundy vest. A simple necklace fills the V neckline, I tried on so many earrings too but nothing worked out with the colours. For the second look the colours are reversed with burgundy trousers - these are the most versatile trousers I have, they're so perfect with so many different styles and pieces, including this one! Then I used pinks on the top half and with the heels, with the Winter coming super quickly, I'm loving fitting this pink furry coat into my stylings now =D

No comments:

Post a Comment