f

Wednesday 25 November 2020

3 BY 3 | Winter Jeans

I've not done many styling posts this year that haven't come from specific new Plaza releases but recently I've thought of starting some up again - refreshing some old post ideas and bringing in some new ones, and it's a new one I'm bring out today '3 BY 3' where I will style up 3 pieces from one theme/item type in 3 different ways to show the versatility of the pieces. I think it could be pretty fun and I already have quite a few themes picked out already, starting off today with Winter jeans, enjoy!

-----

Despite not wearing jeans a lot of the time, I have a bizarrely large collection of jeans from over the years - I used to be a firm 'skinny jeans only' person, but now for my doll I love a range of fits and find I have a lot more looser pairs than skinny in my collection. I have a total of 35 pairs in my wardrobe at the moment (that shocks me a little!) and today I will be styling the Hotbuys High Rise Jeans (Pretty 'N Love, 17SD's;  February 2019 HBs), the Pearl Beaded Loose Fit Denim (Subcouture, 25SD's) and the GOM Fade Out Black Denim (Special Offer, GOM Reward December 2016).

H O T B U Y S H I G H R I S E J E A N S
These have definitely been one of my favourite pairs of jeans recently, I love so many things about them from the waist-line design, the wash and the fit on the doll, they're really quite perfect^ I found these jeans very easy to style up, they work with a range of different colours in both light and dark tones - I think the beige and whites look fab with the jeans for a lighter style, I'm especially loving the combination of these beige boots and the Chloe Drew in the first styling^ But equally also adoring the navy polo in look two, there are so many navy options to choose from as well. And I already knew black pieces looked great with these jeans, they really pop in the third styling - I've paired the jeans with these boots before and just had to repeat the pairing, it's perfect for me =D 

P E A R L B E A D E D L O O S E F I T D E N I M
These are another pair that I love having in my wardrobe and love styling fairly regularly despite the fact that they're not really an every-day pair of jeans with their pearl embellishments. They're super fancy for jeans and I think that's maybe why I've been loving them so much! I found these super easy to style in 3 completely different looks, and several more wouldn't have been an issue. I've always loved pairing up these pink pearl-embellished heels with the jeans, it's such a cute pairing and I think it makes for a fun party-styling - and there are plenty of other pink pieces which work well with the jeans to include, I particularly love this pearlescent coat with the pairing. And the jeans look fab with both black and white, I really don't think I could pick a favourite between these two looks! I'm a big fan of black with blue denim like this, I think the jeans really pop in a styling like this, and also adoring these accessories, definitely my favourite pairing these boots, the bag and the earrings together^ The white is also great, and really makes the pearls be eye-catching in the styling. With a shorter jacket the cut of the jeans can really be shown off and it works equally well as styling them with an overcoat.

G O M F A D E O U T B L A C K D E N I M
This pair are somewhat of my 'wildcard' choice of the 3 pairs of jeans, I think I've maybe worn them once but they're not a pair I reach for if a look needs jeans and I really went into this with almost no ideas on how to style them - they're a real challenge for me! For me it's the different tones of washed denim that make it a challenge, I think these are maybe a little too casual for me to comfortably style. I do really like the checks with these jeans though, I think this first jacket looks really good with them but I definitely struggled a little with the rest of the look and choosing a direction - it's not too bad, but I think it could be better! The second look is my least favourite, I like the boots and bag with the jeans, but I'm not happy with the rest of the look. And I do really love the overcoat in the final look, however it does blend into the colour of the jeans quite a lot, they're quite hidden in this styling which I didn't mean to do! I think the silver in the accessories and the sweater look great with the wash on the jeans though, so I think this one isn't too bad either^ Room for improvement with these jeans for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment