f

Wednesday 18 November 2020

DvF Holiday A R C H I V E | Styled Outfits

Last week brought us a second DvF Archive release, this time the Holiday collection from the Winter 2011 Tribute release. I remember back then just having a couple of 'must-haves' namely the Mint Miniskirt and the DvF Classic Black Overcoat, but otherwise the collection wasn't hugely my thing - I still have the coat from all those years ago but have sold on the skirt. Now you have a second chance at everything^ I definitely like a few more pieces now, but for me there are still some questionable styles. I've not gone for any of the accessories, but have picked up some new clothing pieces to try out in my wardrobe.
First up the White Keyhole Blouse which is something I really didn't remember from the release but think is pretty cute. The fit of this piece is great, it sits on the body well and is made for an easy tuck, whilst the sleeves have a blouson feel to them, the neckline detail is also stunning and standout. I think it looks super smart paired with a skirt, but really it will work with a number of bottomhalves of any style. I kept the bottom half of the look in the darker colours and this really lets the blouse pop out in brightness. The white accessories tie in with it nicely, and overall I really love this styling for this piece =) Secondly I picked up the Holiday Heart Cluster Dress which I think is such a cute piece, the pattern is adorable^ I resized it down a little so it had a bit of a more fitted fit on the doll. The V neckline is quite deep which is why for a more Winter based styling I've layered it with a black polo-neck, I think this works with the other added black pieces in the outfit. The simple styling really keeps the focus on the dress, but I did add more colour with the bag to fit the burgundy colour in the dress print - a really nice green piece would also work well here. I'm excited to style this piece up layered with boots and furry textures for a real deep-Winter look!
Then we have the Forest Green Crop Top which is in such a perfect shade of dark green that's been completely missing from my wardrobe, now I just need a pair of trousers to match! The colour is spot on with the green in the print of this blazer, so I couldn't resist wearing it again so soon. And it's also a great fit with the colour of this belt bag - not a conventional trio of pieces, but I think it's not too bad^ Especially with the polo layered underneath, I think the colour of the top really pops in the styling. This will also be a good piece for Spring/Summer stylings and the cropped length makes it perfect to be worn tucked into bottomhalf pieces. And lastly of course the DvF Classic Black Overcoat which I used to wear all the time but it's really fallen to the back of my wardrobe in the last 3 or 4 years. It's a simple piece with a stunning structure which really can be all the detail in an outfit - I stuck basic for this reason choosing a lot of black based pieces, but this silver leopard print top is a great standout print on the top half and helps accentuate the collar of the jacket. Classy heels ands a nice bag finished the styling fairly minimally to keep the coat as the focus - simple but effective =D

No comments:

Post a Comment