f

Wednesday 4 November 2020

DvF A R C H I V E | Styled Outfits

I was super excited to see the very first DVF collection re-released into Archive a couple of weeks back - it came out way back in the first Tribute season in 2010 and it's just one of those collections that I always remember about. I revisited the collection for a post a couple of years back which is maybe why it's still relatively fresh in my mind. So I already had some pieces from this collection, either from buying them waaaay back in the day, picking them up later in the Bazaar or getting them in Callie's Picks releases, but I'm really pleased to be able to add some more pieces from this release into my collection! First up a focus on clothing, I already had the Multi Print Dress in my collection, and it's one that I've always been happy to have because I really don't see others wearing it, perhaps that will change now but I've yet to see anyone styling up the pieces from this collection, so maybe not^ This dress has a very dark base, which works well for styling more Autumnal/Winter looks - the black base to the printing means black pieces work well with it, which is what I've chosen for the polo and jacket. These green shimmery boots are a fabulous colour-fit with the print colours on the dress, I really love that pairing and will be repeating it! I picked up the Floral Print Dress in this release, I've been wanting it for a while, but have a reasonable alternative similar piece so I was never really on a huge search for it, but I'm glad to have it now =) It's definitely more of a Spring/Summer dress with the lighter fabric and colour, so this is a look that I'll be saving for a few months down the line. I really like using a white here, it's easy to work with but also really lets the print and the blue colour pop in the styling. I think this bag is such an adorable and perfect piece for this look, the floral design makes it a great fit with the dress and the colour also is spot on!
Looking at some of the accessories I picked up in this release, firstly the Printed Bucket Bag which I styled up with the Puff Sleeve Blouse in this ultimate pink Spring styling, I've never wished it to be Spring more so that I can wear this all the time! This bag was the first piece I knew I wanted to buy when I saw it was a DVF release. The bucket style has been coming back more recently for starters, and I also like the velvet texture it has. Plus it's super unique, since this one we've really not had something similar, but also that colour is just stunning! I didn't realise how well the colour went with pale pink until I tried it out and I was so excited at how well the pieces paired, there are so many options there! The blouse adds a fun touch to the look with those sleeves, as does the furry coat. And then lastly the Starburst Woven Purse which I think is such a fun piece, and also a challenging one due to all those colours, but that makes it fun to work with^ Of all of the looks I styled from this release, this one was the most challenging and took this longest, and actually this is look 3 for the bag, the first two weren't quite there, but there are some other pieces that look awesome with this bag too! I ended up choosing this blue coat, the colour matches the blue of the bag pretty well and the lilac, red and orange tones really pop nicely to draw attention to the bag with the use of a solid black base to the look. The bag does have black straps, so I don't think black is too out of place. I did try a few other coloured items, and they have potential, so I'm saving them for another try at a later date - but I'd love to see some of you guys trying out this, and some of the other unique bags in this collection, let me know if you've styled them in the comments below =D

O T H E R T O P P I C K S

No comments:

Post a Comment