f

Sunday 8 November 2020

Round 2 | W E A R D E M J E W E L S C H A L L E N G E # 22

We're getting pretty close to the end of earrings in this Wear Dem Jewels Challenge with item number 22 today - when I found these earrings in my beauty parlor I had no recollection of buying them, or even seeing them at all! I also learnt that I could layer a pair of earrings so that one is behind and one is in front of this hairstyle - definitely having a bit of a stupid moment not knowing that before. These are the Statement Earrings from Epiphany which came out back in 2015. Unfortunately these aren't in the Plaza anymore, nor can I sell them, but maybe this is just a little glitch as I can sell other pieces from the same release - so unfortunately you can't purchase these at the moment. I thought they had real vintage glamour vibes to them, I liked the metal having much less of a sheen to it, they're really something quite different. With the more grey to the metal than silver, I chose grey for my makeup with a base of white to help brighten the eyes. There are also some subtle burgundies in the jewels of the earrings, so I couldn't resist adding a little of that around the eye too along with a thick mascara- I'm really happy with this outcome for the makeup look! I knew I wanted at least one look to focus on the grey, which is the first of my pair, and I'm super happy with this as a Winter look, combining this awesome oversized coat with my favourite trousers, it's very convenient that the colour is a good fit with the earring colour^ The rest of the look is minimal with a black polo and boots, then in keeping with the burgundy in the bag. I think it's a great styling^ For the second look I struggled a little as I had quite a few pieces that I liked with the earrings on their own, but couldn't get a whole look for, in the end I'm also quite pleased with this rather glamorous vibe for the second style. I liked the little patch of glitter on this jacket to fit with the earrings, and the solid black of the body of the blazer also helps the earrings to pop. I liked the white trousers for something smart and again stuck more on the minimal side for accessories, but choosing a slightly shimmery bag to tie in with the blazer. I'm very pleased with this combination using some pieces I don't wear so often =)

No comments:

Post a Comment