f

Thursday 28 February 2019

F E B R U A R Y 2019 | Hotbuys Review

And finally, the February Hotbuys Review - on the final day of the month with the final Hotbuy, I'm super impatient and I hate waiting this long, haha! This months offering definitely steps away from previously when February meant a Valentine's theme - I really don't mind either way, but I really didn't know what to think of these pieces at first, definitely some interesting and different styles in the mix. The outfits so seem quite independent to each other, so hopefully one or the other will work for everyone! 

F I R S T I M P R E S S I O N S
Mykita Sunglasses Black - Normally I'm all over sunglasses, but I'm not so sure about this futuristic pair. A black base is a good start, but I find the lenses a little too quirky for my usual style. I like the shape though, the flat top is nice and they're a very good size overall. So far they've looked pretty awesome on everyone that I've seen wearing them, so it might just be on my doll that I'm unsure of them! Evil Panda 14SD's
Cropped Turtleneck Top - I love a good turtleneck top, but a super cut out one might be a little too much for me! There's not so much 'top' to this one, the cut out shoulder look fab, I love those paired with the long sleeves, but the body on the top stops above the chest, so it's a pretty specific style and it's not really mine. I've not seen so many people go for this piece, but I think the right ideas will look awesome with this. Velvet Orchid 22SD's
Margiela Tabi Boots - I was definitely excited for these boots, are they not just SO COOL?!?! They do live up to my expectations, so that I'm most pleased about! These, at first glance, can just seem like a standard (although expensive) pair of black ankle boots, but the design is totally first class, a traditional recognisable Margiela one^ This style of leather boot was super popular on Stardoll several years ago, so I'm getting all the old time vibes with these and looking forward to wearing them in a current way - I'm excited =) Fallen Angel 26SD's
Tech Jersey Bodysuit - I'm still not on board with neon, so this green piece is really not my thing, but it's ok, I've accepted that^ The fit is great on this body, perfect on the doll and it does have a few nice details that make it stand out, other than the neon! It's just all the colour that puts me off - I'm looking forward to seeing you guys wear it though. Fallen Angel 22SD's
PVC Ariel Pants - I was also pretty excited for these trousers - we all know I'm a trouser fan, so I'll give any pair a real go! These are something a little different with the double-texture. I've gotten more into leather trousers in the past few seasons, and these being a looser pair gives something different to work with, I think these could work out very nicely and I'm looking forward to styling them! Evil Panda 27SD's
Mykita Sunglasses Neon - A second, identical, pair of sunglasses - what makes these worse for me is the neon colour! While I might still consider the black ones, I know these green sunglasses aren't for me. I'm sure some of you guys will rock them though^ Original Future 14SD's
Gucci Inspired Silk Shirt - This shirt is a definite winner - it's so cute! The whole style, design and fit of this piece is great, perfect for right now. I like the loose fit and the tucked front design. The trim in black and white really stands out and seems perfect for accenting colours in stylings. I can see this one will be great for the spring and summer and I'm stoked to see this one styled up =) It Girls 24SD's
Gucci Inspired Belt Bag - I wasn't sure how I would feel about this bag, belt bags are popular styles and this one is classic Gucci with the monogramming on the dark background and with the red and green belt. It looks pretty cute on the doll, it fits the waist well. I'm not sure I'd be able to wear it a lot, but I feel like it's definitely a piece that will grow on me! Bizou 20SD's

High Rise Jeans - It's been quite a few months since we've had jeans in the Hotbuys, they're back with this pair! We've been quite used to getting similar mom-jean pairs in HBs in the past, but these definitely stand out to me with their closer fit on the leg and that really cute waistline detailing^ The wash is light, perfect for spring stylings, as is the hem length, just right for what I like in jeans for this season, so I look forward to getting use out of denim this season =D Pretty 'N Love 19SD's
Gucci Inspired Flashtrek - And our final piece of the month, these will sure be popular! Everyone loves a pair of trainers and these tick so many boxes. They're a little slimmer on the foot than some previous pairs, which I love the idea of, the mesh design looks great and I think they've got some great standout features that sets them apart from other pairs, these are gonna be popular in the coming weeks for sure^ It Girls 21SD's

F E A T U R E S
First up for the features is rob_sef7 styling the Mykita Sunglasses Black - this look really made me doubt my decision not to buy them, they look so cool! The black really pops in the look, along with the handbag, against the crisp white pieces and the funky green trousers. The glasses look great with the metallic earrings too, a fab pairing^
Secondly we have Marta32222 wearing the PVC Ariel Pants. I love the contrast in textures in the look, between the sheen of the trousers and the frilled blouse and the wrap-around skirted piece on the waist, for me it really made the trousers stand out! The accessories are super cool in this one, the boots are a great fit for the styling, and I love the lightness in the slim gold hoops!
And finally in the features section, Mia1435 wearing the Gucci Inspired Silk Shirt in this super cool smart styling. The shirt for sure stands out against the slim grey trousers and the black leather jacket. Love the golden accents on the bag, and also the glasses, against the shirt, those are super cute and really look great =)

S T Y L I N G S
Here are our Guest Writer looks for the month - these guys really impressed me with their creativity for the pieces, they really make everything seem super wearable, which is always a bonus for stylings - not so much for the SD balance! Miloshki has styled the Cropped Turtleneck Top which really pops out against the pink tulle, embracing Villanelle all the way^ The sheer at the top of the dress is perfect to highlight the design of the top and I love the floral additions. Secondly cinderela23barb styles up the Margiela Tabi Boots, which pop out the loose flowy trousers very nicely - the all black look works for them and the sheen stands out with the bag too. Vogue_veronica wears the Gucci Inspired Belt Bag which really impresses as a slung piece rather than worn like a belt. The colours are a perfect match with the floral printing on the dress and I love the touches of red! And finally, AudreyHepburn. styling up the Mykita Sunglasses Black, I like all the floral details in this look, and the jewelled earrings and red lip add a glamorous and eye catching touch - they pull you to the face and the piece is right there too =)
And in contrast to all the creativity above it seems my (unintentional) theme has been beige! Some people might say it's super boring, but I think these 3 looks tie together very nicely with different pieces this month =) First up the Gucci Inspired Silk Shirt in an outfit I really love, I've been wearing it all week! It's all about the texture of these trousers for sure, they are perfect with the shirt, and with the neutral tones of the shirt, I found it easy to accessorise. Secondly the Gucci Inspired Belt Bag, with more Gucci! This shirt was the perfect piece for the bag, the colours all just right together. The neutral trousers let the shirt and bag combination take the spotlight, and I like the little matching flash of red in the shoes, it really livens the look a lot =) And finally the High Rise Jeans in a cool casual mix, the denim really stands out against the light tones and I love getting to use this sweet quilted denim bag, the hue really pops against that of the jeans, and this overcoat is the perfect fit for both of them =D

No comments:

Post a Comment