f

Friday 18 January 2019

Review: The EDIT Magazine

A brand new issue of The EDIT Magazine! A great treat for the festive season =) This is their 4th issue, and the cover star, --kayley, is the focus for the issue - and for me this was something super attractive in the issue. I loved reading the interview, because I remember the era of PBE and BEAUTY very well - I think it was a very relevant choice and it was done very nicely. The graphics to go along with the interview are also great, I really liked the choices and these (for me anyway) were the best in the issue.
In addition to the cover feature, the magazine had both style and beauty sections to it. With the style, I really liked the graphics that came with it, the set up is the same as previous, so I think I'm ready to see a little more creativity from this - although I liked the graphics, that's where my attention was held, I didn't find myself looking at the Stardoll clothing component of the pages at all, so I think they could do with a little jazzing up. The beauty pages were nice, but I didn't pay so much attention to them as they followed the interview section which I was still thinking about and was interested in.
The magazine actually came with a second interview, with Jailer, which I found got a bit lost - the cover only spoke about the one feature, so I think Jailer's interview should have been highlighted there as that's really something I think people would want to read as a more recognisable recent name on the site and on many popular and successful projects. I think it really could have been the feature of the next issue, so tacking it into this spot here comes a little disappointing to me.
The 'Colours of Cold Days' section actually also seemed a little lost to me, which was more about page layout as I didn't realise the header was a header - the graphics in it were well selected and were good, choosing a range of models including two male dolls. I quite liked this part, and I would have loved to see it maybe one spread longer, incorporating some pieces from the Plaza so we can recreate the style too.
And the issue ends with an interiors segment, I really like this - I'm all for showcasing great interior styles and suite design, this section does that really well and chooses current and relevant trends to display. I loved the spread, and I liked the balance of text and pictures along with the page layout, it worked for the purpose very well.
Overall I'd say this is a pretty good release of, currently, our only active magazine - it's been put together quite thoughtfully with a range of content in quite a short period of time for a festive release - I'm looking forward to seeing what is next from these guys =D

2 comments:

  1. I quite liked this issue! A nice throwback to HAUTE with the trends page! I was a wasn't really interested with the first 2 issues as they only covered SFW, but now that these past two issues are seeming to just be released with the seasons, I am ALL for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 2019 and somebody is still making SD magazines and with these WANNABE models 🙄

    ReplyDelete