f

Friday 11 January 2019

I N S P I R E D B Y A L E X A N D E R M C Q U E E N | Tribute Review

And now reviewing our 3rd Tribute of the season - Alexander McQueen! I didn't like the first release of McQueen so much, so I was a little sceptical going into this one. The advertising looks pretty cute though, I'm especially loving the look of the dress on the front model and the vibe of the background, it looks pretty nice!
Highlights I have to say, I'm hugely impressed! I didn't like our first offering of McQueen and this release completely changes my view of the brand, I love it so much =D The interior is a great neutral base and I think the pieces pop really nicely against it - they're taken from a couple of different collections, but overall it really works. This one gets a big thumbs up from me!

Accessories The shoes in this release really pop out to me, a great range and style of choices. Boots are the focus, which is perfect for this season, there are 5 pairs to choose from. The Metal Cap Boots are the flat option in the collection, they're studded all over with a cap on the toe and have a short height up the ankle, which works for some, but isn't so much to my taste. The Metal Cap Roses Stiletto's have the next highest ankle height, they're also quite short, but their stiletto heel makes them more appealing for me at least. I love the floral design on them, it's super cute and not something you see everyday in the Plaza. The final 3 pairs all cover the ankle with their heights and they are all heeled boots with individual designs. The Flower Boots are an espresso tone with a fabulous minimal flower embroidery up the front, then there are the McQueen Inspired Victorian Boots White, which are a white pair with zips at the top and a row of buttons on the outer side, lastly there are the McQueen Inspired Victorian Boots Black, with the same zip and buttons, but these have a studded trim around the edges of the sole which I really like the look of - it's a minimal take on the rock-star trend. I bought 4 pairs, definitely going a little crazy with this one but I'm excited by these shoes!
There is just one bag in the collection, I'd love more but the one we have is pretty amazing, the McQueen Bucket Bag, which matches with the Flower Boots and I just love that so much! There are just a couple of other accessory pieces, the Saddle Belt in a dark brown with a cool thick edging and a long tail, it looks great and of course is perfect with skirted styles. There is the McQueen Body Chain, which is a take on jewellery, and also the Insect Choker, which is unusually an SC piece and available for Royalty only.
Clothing Next up the clothing, there are 10 looks and 2 of them are for males. There are quite a few dresses in the collection, 5 in different styles and designs. The boldest of them doesn't really fit clearly with the others, the Victorian Mini Dress is red and printed, it's super cute and mini in length but with a high neck and long sleeves, I love the idea of it and the structure to the design. The Silver Slip Dress is super slinky and swanky. I love the shimmer it has, but it's super sheer and there are a lot of cutout sections to it, so it won't be everyone's style but I think it will work well for some. The Patchwork Knit Dress is also a little sheer, but the nude wool hides a little more - I really love this piece, I think it looks beautiful. The belted design and seams down the skirting are still clear, and I like the bell sleeves and long length, I'm excited to see how other style this^ And lastly the McQueen Flower Lace Dress, which I see very much as a focal point of the collection. I love the detailed square neckline and the floral lace design over the piece, it's all very pretty^ And it matches well to a number of the accessories =)
I absolutely adore the trousers in this release, they're AH-mazing! The McQueen Trousers Black are a classic pair, straight legged, high waisted and traditional in black, super easy to style and very smart and fitting on the doll. You can also get the McQueen Trousers in check, which are stunning. These aren't on the floor of the store, but you can find them in the catalogue - they're the same fit as the first pair, but they're in a stylish check which is a popular trend at the moment. And you can get the matching McQueen Jacket to really complete the look! I love a checked blazer and this one is super cool with a deep V and sleeve splits. And last but not least, the McQueen Inspired Sweater, an oversized piece with breton stripes, zipped sleeves and an intricate applique on the neckline, it's such a pretty winterwear piece^
Prices This release ranges from 20 to 33SD's, which is pretty average for a Tribute. There is also a piece in SC's but it is a Royalty only item.
Styled Outfits I've styled up a few of the items already in my WEARING post, and I plan to share more looks with you again this month, but here are 3 looks today! First up the McQueen Inspired Sweater which I've styled very minimally to really let it be shown off, this works^ The trousers are a good base and I've stuck with black accessories and the stripes really stand out. Next the McQueen Trousers, and although not paired with their matching piece, still with a checked blazer because I loved the furry sleeves that were added to the look. I think the brown works well with the checks throughout the look and I think these trousers will work well in many more looks to come! And in the third look, the Flower Boots and McQueen Bucket Bag - the dreamiest of combinations! These pieces work well with a lot of clothing, I found quite a few good examples that I could have shown, but chose this cute tulle skirted style that really lets the dark tone stand out. I really love the cream colours overall with these accessories =)
Features And lastly the features - I've been super impressed with some of the cool ways that you guys have been styling this release! First up we have Marta-43 wearing the Patchwork Knit DressMcQueen Bucket Bag and the McQueen Inspired Victorian Boots White. The layering with the dress is amazing, I love the ruffled sleeves under the dress, the booties are perfect with the colour. The bag pops as a belt piece, it looks awesome!
Next up, two looks with the Leather Corset Top, the first styling is from Mia1435 who pairs it with the McQueen Inspired Victorian Boots Black and a dark rock-chick styling. This skirting looks amazing against the leather, the pieces look perfect paired together and the boots fit the style well playing off the long gloves used. I also love this hair and beauty look, it really adds to the overall vibe^
Also in the Leather Corset Top is GirlEwelina, going for a lighter look but also pairing the shirt well with a skirt, this one is lighter in base, but the black splashes work perfectly for the top. The look also uses the McQueen Inspired Victorian Boots White, also great with the skirt. I like the layering of the top with a smart shirt, and the rest of the accessories are super fun =)
Back to darker stylings, this time localsaint wearing the Rose Leather Jacket - it really looks fabulous in this look! A perfect pairing with black trousers and the accessories of the studded shoes and bag really stand out in the styling, but don't pull the attention negatively from the florals. The hat is a cute piece too, and I love the dark smokey eye makeup!
Our second to last styling is from -Lady_Sweet- pairing the McQueen Trousers and McQueen Jacket, perfection! The tucked style works perfectly and the split sleeve design is prominent in the look. I love the furry stole over the shoulder and the speckled bag stands out well. The checked shoes are also the perfect touch to finish the styling =D
And lastly a super bright styling from notnoworlater wearing the Victorian Mini Dress and going all out with the red, it looks fabulous =D And it's definitely not too much^ The red boots and earrings are a perfect colour match with the dress and I really like the slight clash the bag has with the pieces. It works out really well, the accessories really make this one!

1 comment:

  1. Great stylings using my favorite (for now) designer. Great inspirations here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete